New Prime Minister Liz Truss cancels a planned visit to Selly Oak

Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng were due to appear in Selly Oak this week but pulled out last minute

Truss and Kwarteng were set to appear in Selly Oak on October 3rd which was the second day of the Autumn Conservative Party Conference 2022, as the conference is being held in Birmingham at the ICC and Hyatt Regency Hotel.

The newly appointed Prime Minister was set to make her first official visit to Selly Oak, this was to visit The Birmingham Health Innovation Campus which is being built in Selly Oak.

Once built the the campus will provide 133,000 square feet of space which will be put to use for specialist office and lab space for innovative life science and healthcare companies.

On her visit to Selly Oak the Prime Minister was meant to meet local reporters and the mayor, Andy Street. Birmingham Live reports Truss cancelled very last minute, she cancelled on the morning the appearance was meant to happen as reporters were on their way to the Health Innovation Campus.

No explanation was given as to why the appearance was cancelled at the last minute.

Stories recommended by this writer

•I went to a Freshers’ Week night out as a Birmingham second year and here’s how it went

•University of Birmingham student hate-crimed at Birmingham Pride 2022

•The Birmingham Tab is looking for new writers and we want you!

Featured image via SWNS