Arsonists burn down phone mast providing coverage to Brum Nightingale hospital

It wasn’t even a 5G mast

Arsonists have burnt down the mast which provides mobile coverage to Birmingham’s emergency Nightingale hospital.

However, the phone mast was later revealed to not to even be a 5G phone mast.

Over 20 arsonist attacks targeted UK mobile phone masts over the Easter Period, bringing the total to over 40.

This occurs after people have been linking conspiracy theories of the 5G network to the spread of coronavirus.

The Birmingham mobile phone mast was set alight in Chelmsley Wood during the Easter Weekend, situated near Birmingham’s Nightingale Hospital.

Sheldon Fire station urged the community to stop fuelling this conspiracy, saying “to clarify; this is not a 5G phone mast…stop setting fires to masts.”

The Birmingham Nightingale Hospital only opened last week aiming to provide vital treatment for coronavirus sufferers.

Nick Jeffery, CEO at Vodafone UK, spoke frankly about the arson attacks and the impact it is having on relatives of coronavirus patients: “Families not being able to say a final goodbye to their loved ones; hard-working doctors, nurses, and police officers not being able to phone their kids.”

Mr Jeffery affirmed “there is absolutely no link between 5G and coronavirus. There is no science based evidence 5G is harmful to human health.”

This comes after celebrities have fuelled the 5G coronavirus conspiracy. This includes TV presenter Eamonn Holmes, apologised publicly over his comments of the coronavirus 5G conspiracy, suggesting on ITV’s This Morning ‘what I don’t accept is mainstream media immediately slapping that down as not true when they don’t know it’s not true.’

The TV presenter’s comments have resulted in over 400 complaints to Ofcom.