Image may contain: Brick, Vehicle, Van, Transportation, Hospital, Clinic, Ambulance

Three arrested following attempted car jacking and stabbing in Selly Oak

Two boys, aged 15 and 17, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder last night

Police have made arrests in connection with a man stabbed in the early hours of Sunday morning in Selly Oak in an attempted car-jacking. He remains in a critical condition in hospital.

Following the Sunday morning attack which took place at 6:30am on Heeley Road, three arrests have been made including two 15 and 17 year old boys on suspicion of murder, as well as a 15-year-old girl on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

The crime scene on Heeley Road

The police were called shortly after 6:30am on Sunday 7th when a man with multiple stab wounds was found in an alleyway off Heeley Road, according to West Midlands Police.

The victim and his friend had been chased into an alleyway by the two teenagers who demanded the keys to their car. The 22-year-old victim had been stabbed in the stomach and chest, and was rushed to hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

The Birmingham Tab spoke with the police who confirmed that the 22-year old man was not a student at the University of Birmingham.

The incident has sparked fear among students, with many calling for both the Guild and the police to increase safety measures in the popular student area.

The university have encouraged any students affected by this incident to come to the Aston Webb Student Hub for student support at any time, and the Community Living Hub at Bournbrook on the edge of campus is open for students to access for support. The joint Police and Security Office in University Centre can also be consulted to discuss crime prevention and policing in general. Following student feedback, five Special Constables now patrol campus in partnership with the Police and part-funded by the University. Further measures to increase student safety are being discussed and will be announced in the coming weeks.

Image credit: @SnapperSK