Three second years have started a company which delivers your tickets for big nights out

And the proceeds go to charity

charity entrepeneurs Flux Nights Freshers mechu Monday Night Social Papyrus Players selly oak snobs stuesdays suicide the vale vodbull young people

Prospects of finding a last minute ticket for a night out always look slim, especially for freshers on the Vale who are miles from anything.

Unlike us Selly Oakers, it isn’t as easy as walking to Drinks-2-Go or a few roads down to locate a ticket for a night of drunken debauchery.

But now entrepreneurial second year students Mario Terzoli (American Studies), Hugo Avshu (Sports Science) and Jethro Simmonds (Golf Management) have come up with a solution to this problem.

Over the summer, they co-founded “Flux Nights” to ease the often painful experience of finding tickets for the biggest nights in Birmingham.

Flux Nights offers tickets to Monday Night Social at 6, Stupid Tuesdays at Players, Minted at Mechu and Vodbull at Snobs.

Jethro, Hugo & Mario all enjoying a classic night out at Stupid Tuesdays

Explaining the idea, Mario said:”We all slipped into the routine lazy habits that many freshers are guilty of. One especially lazy afternoon we all got thinking about a new project that could keep us occupied and organised.

“Over this past summer we started seriously developing the idea of a ticket delivery service and it launched at the start of this term. We’re happy to say it is definitely keeping us busy and those empty afternoons are long gone.”

The £5 ticket price includes delivery to the Vale and all around Selly Oak. These can be ordered online (www.fluxnights.co.uk) or over the phone.

Hamish Murray, a first year Modern Languages student living in Tennis Courts said: “Flux nights has made getting a hold of club tickets so easy. They’re delivered straight to your door, with the added bonus of having no extra fees. [I] would highly recommend using the service run by Mario, Hugo and Jethro.”

Flux Nights give 10 per cent of their commission to Papyrus, the UK’s national charity for the prevention of young suicide.

In memory of his best friend, Hugo took part in the 25k Thames Path Challenge in September and hopes to take part in a 100k challenge within the year

Hugo sadly suffered the awful loss of a friend last year. He said: “My best friend took his own life three weeks into my first year of uni.

“His suicide was undoubtedly preventable which is why I feel so strongly about the work Papyrus does. There are plenty of misconceptions surrounding depression and suicide and I hope that this can change so that fewer people have to experience the premature passing of a loved one.”

This has driven Flux Nights’ link with Papyrus in the hope to not only raise money but also awareness of the charity.

Papyrus’ aim is to help the prevention of young suicide through shattering the stigma around suicide as well as offering confidential advice and support from mental health professionals.

Through donations and fundraising Papyrus are able to extend their reach and helpline services to help those in need.

Over 1,600 young people take their own lives in the UK each year, with even more contemplating it or self harming and feeling unable to speak openly about how they are feeling.

Freshers are now able to get their hands on much needed tickets while contributing to a worthy cause – all the more reason for a celebratory drink.

More information regarding the work Papyrus does as well as advice can be found on their website.