Uber has arrived in Birmingham

And we’ve got an exclusive code for a free ride

Private driver app Uber is expanding and coming to your university, and we’re giving Tab readers £15 off their first ride.

USE CODE TABBIRMINGHAM TO RECEIVE £15 OFF YOUR FIRST UBER RIDE

Uber removes the hassle and frustration of relying on a taxi to get you from A to B, and provides a cheap, convenient, safe – and stylish – ride around town.

At the touch of a button, users can call a car to pick them up from their location. As well as offering a range of cars, the app also lets users know the estimated cost of their journey.

If you’re travelling with friends, you can  split the fare between you, all within the app, so you never have to worry about chasing people up for the money they owe you. Plus, the app charges your bank card directly at the end of the trip and emails you the receipt, so there’s no need to make 3am detours to cashpoints in order to pay your driver.

USE CODE ‘TABBIRMINGHAM’ TO RECEIVE £15 OFF YOUR FIRST UBER RIDE

All Uber drivers are fully licensed, CRB checked and commercially insured. Plus, every journey is recorded by Uber’s systems so we always know who’s driving you home.

James, a second year Chemist told The Tab he thought it was fantastic Uber was coming to his uni.

“I’ve used Uber a few times when I’ve been in London, and it’s so much more convenient than using a taxi. I can see how far away my driver is, so I always know how long I have to keep getting ready.”

Alice, a first year, said she finds the app a lot safer than getting a taxi from the taxi rank at the end of a night out.

“I can look on the app and see a photo of the driver, plus the car registration, before it gets there. It helps me feel safe, especially if I’m on my way home after a night out.”

To download the app, and use the voucher code TABBIRMINGHAM, click here.