Things you will ALWAYS see in Box

Proving that the level of craic is, indeed, set at ninety.

When it comes to student nights in Belfast, Box nightclub is certainly one of the main contenders. 90p shots and a massive dance floor entices many a student all the way over to the Odyssey, expecting a great Tuesday night.

And whether you’re a dedicated Box fan or you’ve just found yourself there by some sort of happy (or less happy) accident, it’s guaranteed that you’ll have noticed these recurring sights.

The “old” men

Or should we say, those young PR guys dressed up like old men, who walk with a permanent faux cripple.  Whether they are helping with crowd control of the monstrous line outside, or lord-ing it up on an armchair beside the second floor entrance, they have become the most recognisable feature of Tuesday nights in the club.

The flex-drink-hold-pose

All those hours spent at the gym shouldn’t go to waste. Girls can get away with short skirts and crop tops to show off those toned legs and flat stomachs, but how can boys get the message across that they do, in fact, lift? Simply wear your tightest t-shirt and hold your drink beside the stomach area to get the best flex effect.

Tickets to the “Gun Show” are available from all good outlets

The busiest ATM in Belfast

You would be forgiven for thinking Box’s cash machine was a Garth Brooks ticket dispenser. The cheap drink evidently lowers many students’ budgeting inhibitions, and all frugal sensibility is thrown out the window on the logic that another 20 pound of that all important loan will have a much better home in Box’s tills.

We’ll cross that “Insufficient Funds” bridge when we come to it

Make-up room mayhem

For the girls, this is where Box truly sets the standards for other nightclubs in the city. A whole area dedicated just for girls to do their make-up?! Expect subtle elbow shoving as you fight for the best light to re-apply eyeliner. Risk of “But first, let me take a selfie” quoting followed by actual heavy selfie taking: extremely high.

Highly accessible mirrors without the toilet mess, every girl’s dream

Dance floor b*nter

The dance floors are a grand old size and the excellent tunes ensure they’re always filled to the max. On the Box “d-floor” everyone is best friends. Never has knowing all the words to Westlife’s entire discography been so cool.

The essence of “ERMAHGERD!” captured in a single photo

Massive queues at the bar, ALL the time

For those of you unfamiliar with Box Tuesdays, you should be aware of the most vital fact about the night; the drinks are 90p. Yes that’s right; you can get a triple vodka and a shot of your choice all for under a fiver. These insanely low prices are reflected in massive queues of drunken sweaty students waving their pound coins in the air.

Bucket loads of “sweg”

I have personally found Box to be the number one nightclub for snapbacks and low trouser line sightings. Such combinations of accessories leave us in no doubt of Justin Bieber’s eternal influence upon the fashion industry. The culture of the “sweg” (Belfast swag, duh) is very much alive and well on a typical Tuesday night.

They can take our lives, but they can never take our swag

“Taxi!”

The cheap alcohol and lengthy running time means there is a significant increase in the number of drunk students choosing to take a little disco nap. By 3AM, Box is littered with those who have given up on trying to “hack the pace”. Thankfully, the easily accessible taxi services (which includes a free, direct phone line to Value Cabs), ensures that everyone gets home safely.