What’s on this Week

Check out another edition of our weekly ‘What’s On’, helping you suss out your entire week effortlessly on Sunday night!

club comedy events gigs rag week what's on

Are you bored of uni work already? Or are you looking for something new and exciting to do in Belfast? Well, fear not. Here at The Tab, we have planned your week for you. So there’s no need look further. Our weekly feature of ‘What’s on’ will tell you what’s on in Belfast for each day of the week. Whether it’s cookery classes or a Miley Cyrus concert at the Odyssey, we’ve got tabs on what’s going on in Belfast, just for you.

Monday 17th February

Check out the critically acclaimed film ‘Her’ tonight in the QFT. Joaquin Pheonix and Scarlett Johansson star in this futuristic yet originally romantic film. Described as ‘sweet, soulful and smart’ by Rotten Tomatoes it’s a must see. Costing £4 per ticket, you can catch this film either at 6.30pm or 9pm tonight.

Alternatively, you can come along to SWOT’s annual fashion show in Whitla Hall at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £28 and all proceeds go to charity!

Tuesday 18th February

Test your knowledge in the Speakeasy tonight with the pub quiz starting at 9.30pm. A range of prizes are on offer which can differ each week. It’s free to enter and desperados are on offer for 2 for £5. Why not?

Wednesday 19th February

If you fancy a laugh then head on down to the Student Union this Wednesday. Carl Donnelly (Mock the Week, Russell Howard’s Good News) is the headline act. It’s in the Mandela Hall with doors opening at 9pm and the acts starting at 10pm. Tickets are £5 each.

Don’t forget that this week is RAG week too! RAG will be hosting events every night this week, and on Wednesday it’s speed dating in Bar Sub. Just £3 and LGBT friendly, leave Tinder at home and give this a go instead.

Thursday 20th February

Want a different night out? Or are you part of the LGBT community here? Then join Queen’s LGBT society in Bar Sub in the SU tonight for their club night. Doors open at 10pm.

Friday 21st February

Like Wankelmut? Well, you’re in luck. He’s playing in Limelight tonight and playing his hit ‘one day reckoning song’ as well as others. Tickets are still available online for£8/£10/£12.

If you aren’t into that kind of music or want to support the local scene, The Bonnevilles are playing in Voodoo with support from Seven Summits, The Penny Dreadfuls and The Groundlings. Described as a punk blues band, this Belfast based duo could be a good night out. Doors open at 9pm and entry is £5.

If you want to join in more of the RAG week festivities, or you’re just feeling particularly Oirish, you can go along to the RAG Trad night in Bar Sub, with live traditional music and Irish dancers. And presumably Guinness.

Saturday 22nd February

If you follow ice hockey or even if (like me) you have no idea about the rules of the game, you should really see an ice hockey game for a different and fun night out. The Belfast Giants are playing Coventry Blaze in the Odyssey arena tonight. The game starts at 7pm and tickets are available to purchase online. Adult tickets cost £15, concession costs £10 and a child’s ticket costs £8.

Alternatively if you’re a rugby fan, Speakeasy will be showing the Ireland vs England 6 Nations match from 3.30pm!

Sunday 23rd February

Ever had a burning desire to try Tango before? Release your inner Shakira and drop in to an Argentine Tango class in The Space, in Queen’s Student’s Union. Classes cost £2 each and no experience or partner is required. The class begins at 3pm (wear ‘smooth’ shoes).

Practice your new swinging Tango moves in the Gypsy Lounge later on. All drinks are £2.50 and admission is £3 before 11pm.