QUB Singer Releases Album

Forget about the X Factor, this is the real deal right on campus!

album classical music interview music qub singing

Rebecca Murphy, a talented classical singer, has released her very own album! And to think, it all started out as some recording studio time as a Christmas present from her mum!

The second year Music student at QUB is showing us she has the most talented pipes on campus with the release of her album ‘A Heart Full of Love’.

Originally from Magherafelt, Murphy’s music is inspired by her many years singing and studying music. Rebecca has been singing from the tender age of 11, as well as playing piano and violin.

Like all you GLEE fans out there, she is a fan of musicals and has even played Cosette in the The Belfast School of Performing Art’s production of Les Miserables at the MAC.

The album tracks range from musicals to light classical, featuring such belters as:

‘I feel Pretty’ from West Side Story

‘O mio babbino caro’ by Puccini

and of course…

‘A Heart Full of Love’ from Les Miserables.

The soprano said of her choice of pieces for the CD that she wanted to “be accessible but also to show the developments I’ve made in my craft.”

Rebecca is under the vocal direction of QUB’s very own Debra Stuart, who she admits she met at an audition before coming to QUB and “really hoped she would be my tutor” as they “vibe off one another”.

Over a chilled out coffee, down to earth Rebecca told me that “I just want to practice all the time – I don’t know where I want to be at the end of my degree yet but this is a step towards finding out.”

I think I speak for everyone else when I say she is a lot closer than the rest of us!

The super talented singer also sings at weddings and functions. Details of how you can book her for your big day can be found here.

Purchase your copy of ‘A Heart Full of Love’ now, through her website.