QUB Life Lessons

Top 7 things I’ve learned outside of the lecture halls.

| UPDATED belfast learned lessons University

Just over a month ago I was strolling through Belfast as a fresh-faced fresher ready to begin the new stage of my life. These days I’m the queen of procrastination and poverty. Here’s just a few things I’ve really learned at my time here so far.

1. Professional Napping

As soon as that alarm goes off I’m already planning when my next opportunity to sleep will be.

2. Daytime TV is Primetime TV

Before: “The only bad thing about being off school is that there’s no good TV to watch in the day.”
Now: “I am fully willing to miss my next lecture to stay here a find out if this guy is the real father.”

3. There’s no such thing as a full bin.

Sure you could fit loads more in to that easily! Doesn’t need emptied for at least another week!

4. A Master’s Degree in the study of drinking games.

I used to think a deck of cards was used for gambling money. Turns out it’s used for gambling your dignity.

5. Heat is for the rich.

My friends in the Holylands have definitely learned this one. But at least they can keep their beers cold with their own frostbitten hands.

6. Noodles: 5 of your 5 a day!

Serving suggestion: straight out of the saucepan with whole slices of bread thrown in.

7. My liver is a trooper

I really don’t give it enough credit considering what I’ve put it through this last month. Stay strong liver!