Irie’s Bar to close its doors

Irie’s held its last ever party yesterday

Irie’s, the popular cocktail bar and Caribbean restaurant located on Northgate Street will be closing down.

Irie’s owner Gareth announced on Facebook that the cocktail bar will be shutting down this week. They held a party titled “Irie’s Last Dance” to thank their loyal customers.

Irie’s Last Dance

Formerly Aber Vaults, Irie’s was well-known for its variety of rums, its welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, its luxurious décor, and high-quality drinks.

The Facebook page reads: “It’s with some regret that we announce the closure of Irie’s as of next week. Gareth says ‘It’s just too hard.’ We do have tables available this week so hurry and book because we’re gonna party like it’s 1999!”

Students now have to find other alternatives for a chilled cocktail evening

Now that the last dance has come and gone, we asked students about their experience with Irie’s.

Jon Davies, a History student said that the mojito they served there was “the best drink there” and “exactly like the ones they drink in Cuba.”

Lewis Harrowing, a Film and Television student said that Irie’s always had a “nice relaxed vibe”.