Liam Payne may have been ‘given drugs by hotel staff’ ahead of his death

According to reports previous drugs tests of his had been clear

Police are investigating if Liam Payne may have been given drugs by staff at the hotel where he passed away last week, according to multiple reports. Liam was announced dead last week, after falling from a third floor balcony of a hotel in Argentina.

According to multiple media reports, two members of staff at the hotel where Liam had been staying are being investigated by Argentinian police, after drugs were found in his hotel room. Police have sent “substances” found hidden in packaging for Dove soap in the hotel room for testing.

According to MailOnline, a close friend of Liam Payne has claimed: “There were two guys at the hotel that were giving Liam drugs. They sent taxis out to collect packages for him.” The publication reports a member of staff has been fired since Liam’s death.

The source continued: “Liam was doing everything to stay clean but as soon as he got to the hotel these people were offering him alcohol and drugs.”

Police investigate hotel staff over drugs found in room of Liam Payne after death

via Rosana Alvarez Mullner/SOPA Images/Shutterstock

Liam had been staying at the CasaSur boutique hotel, in the upmarket district of Palermo. It’s been claimed a member of the cleaning staff and another member of staff have been questioned over Liam’s death. Representatives of the CasaSur Hotel declined requests to comment from MailOnline.

Amid all of this, it’s been said Liam had been trying to renew his US visa at the time of his death, and mandatory drugs tests for this had previously come back “completely clean”. According to The Sun, friends of Liam have said he had been in Argentina trying to sort out his visa, and was “completely sober” ahead of his visit to the hotel he stayed at.

A source said: “The embassy said he needed to do a strict investigation including X-rays and a blood test to search for traces of drugs. He was completely clean the Thursday before he died. On the weekend at his friend’s ranch, he was completely sober.”

Liam passed away on Wednesday last week aged just 31, and the investigation continues.

More on this story:

Liam Payne and Cheryl’s relationship: From how it started to the reason they broke up

• TMZ exec defends posting photos of Liam Payne’s body and explains why he did it

• Liam Payne’s girlfriend Kate Cassidy explains why she left Argentina days before his death

Featured image via Image Press Agency/NurPhoto/Shutterstock and Rosana Alvarez Mullner/SOPA Images/Shutterstock.