Liam Payne’s girlfriend Kate Cassidy explains why she left Argentina days before his death

Kate was no longer on the trip with Liam when he passed away yesterday

Kate Cassidy had previously explained why she left Argentina, days before the death of her boyfriend Liam Payne. Liam Payne was found dead at a hotel yesterday, where he had previously been staying with his girlfriend.

Kate and Liam Payne had been on a trip in Buenos Aires, which included going to a gig of his One Direction bandmate, Niall Horan. However, part way through the holiday Kate travelled home, and it is understood she was not present at the time of his death.

Speaking in a TikTok two days before Liam’s death, Kate explained why she decided to travel home from the trip. “I was so ready to leave,” she said. “Love South America, but I hate staying in one place for too long and we were supposed to be there for five days, turned into two weeks and I was just like, ‘I need to go home.'”

Liam Payne with girlfriend Kate Cassidy before his death

via Snapchat

In the video, she did not say why Liam had decided to not come back with her. Just hours before his death, Liam had been posting on Snapchat photos of him with Kate, but it looks as though these had been taken previously in the trip.

On the evening of Wednesday (16th) it was reported Liam had been found dead in the hotel he had been staying at. It’s been reported he fell from a third floor balcony. Alberto Crescenti, spokesperson for the local ambulance service, stated that the fall lead to “severe injuries which were incompatible with life.”

The full statement said: “At 17.04 [local time] through the 911 integrated public safety system, we were alerted of a person who was in an internal courtyard of the management of a south house hotel. At 17.11 a SAME team arrived and verified the death of this man and later we found out that he was a singer in a musical group. Unfortunately, he had injuries that were incompatible with life, as a result of his fall, so we had to confirm his death, there was no possibility of resuscitation.”

More on this story:

Here’s the full timeline of everything we know about Liam Payne’s tragic death so far

TMZ takes down ‘disgraceful’ pictures of Liam Payne’s body following furious backlash

Featured image via Matteo Prandoni/BFA.com/Shutterstock.