andrew garfield greenest flags

Just six very important reasons why we all want to wed Andrew Garfield, immediately

He legit hand makes people furniture for presents

Andrew Garfield is everywhere right now and we are totally okay with that. He’s promoting his new movie with Florence Pugh, We Live In Time. Here are six reasons why Andrew Garfield is a gift to mankind. They prove it is possible to be both a celebrity and a half-decent human being.

1. Andrew Garfield really good at carpentry and my heart can’t take it

He told James Corden that he’s really into carpentry. His grandfather was a carpenter, and he finds it soothing to make things with his hands.

I’m like, 99.9 per cent sure he hand made a rocking chair for Emma Stone while they were going out. The evidence: Andrew Garfield told Inquirer in 2015 that he likes giving people handmade objects, and that he’s made a jewelry box, a coffee table and a rocking chair. Emma Stone said in her 73 Questions interview that the best present she’d ever received was “a handmade rocking chair”. Honestly, Andrew Garfield puts all other men to shame with his gift-giving.

2. His sense of humour is actually funny and not cringey

Florence Pugh couldn’t make it to the London premiere of We Live In Time on 17th October. Andrew Garfield turned up with a cardboard cutout of Florence Pugh instead. He walked the red carpet, posed for pics and went on stage with the cutout. This is fundamentally hilarious and shows it is actually possible for film stars to be funny without being cringey.

His Chicken Shop Date interview with Amelia Dimoldenberg this week was absolutely hilarious. His lines “I’m actually a very private person in my private life” and “Would you be more attracted to me if I had an Academy Award?” are way too funny. They had more chemistry than a Superdrug. He’s either a terrific actor or they’re already married.

3. Andrew Garfield has done way more charity work than the average rich celebrity

andrew garfield greenest flags

Andrew Garfield backflipping away for Breast Cancer Research
(Image via YouTube)

In July 2023, Andrew Garfield performed in a really small charity play called A Survivor’s Manifesto for Survivors UK, a charity which helps male and non-binary victims of sexual abuse. He’s an ambassador for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation. In 2017, Ellen DeGeneres made him do a backflip on TV to raise $30,000 (£23,000) for breast cancer research. When he was playing Spider-Man, he dropped in on children at the charity Kids’ City in Brixton, which provides after-school activities to children.

A celebrity who seems like an actually nice human being? What a rare find.

4. He rescued a dog from a high-kill animal shelter

Surely, this is the greenest of green flags that Andrew Garfield is waving. In December 2012, Andrew Garfield adopted a golden retriever called Ren from an animal shelter in Los Angeles. Further evidence that Andrew Garfield would make a golden retriever boyfriend.

I’m afraid I can’t find any evidence about whether this dog is still alive.

5. Andrew Garfield dates people who aren’t just celebrities

As well as going out with stars like Emma Stone and Rita Ora, Andrew Garfield also dated a medical student, and a professional witch (yes, really). He’s been spotted mingling with us mere mortals on Raya.

6. He has an enduring crush on Ryan Gosling (don’t we all?)

Andrew Garfield joked once on The Tonight Show that he has a “proper man crush” on Ryan Gosling. He said, “He’s just a dreamboat. It’s undebatable. He’s just stunning. Not only physically, but in terms of talent—a general sex appeal that he has.” Valid.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Feautre image credit: Andrew Garfield in Chicken Shop Date via YouTube, Andrew Garfield in We Live In Time via YouTube, Andrew Garfield in Tick, Tick… Boom! via Netflix