Right, here’s the exact amount MAFS UK cast members get paid to be on the show

At least if you don’t find love, it’s a decent side hustle!

As part of MAFS UK, cast members have to give up their daily lives in order to fully commit to the experiment – so you might be wondering how much they get paid in return for doing so.

During the show we watch the couples completely leave their old lives behind, including their jobs, and head to live with their partners in an apartment complex. So it’s no surprise some of us are sat at home wondering if they get paid, given the cast members probably still have bills and rents and mortgages back home.

But, don’t you worry. Over the years cast members have shared all about how the show works, and what they get given to appear in the experiment.

How much MAFS UK cast members get paid

via E4

How much do MAFS UK cast members get paid to be on the show?

It’s been confirmed that MAFS UK contestants don’t get a set fee of sorts, they instead get reimbursed for loss of earnings whilst on the show. This means different cast members will be given different amounts whilst on the show, depending on their salaries and how much money they are missing out on to take part.

An E4 spokesperson for MAFS said: “Contributors do not get paid to appear on Married at First Sight but are provided with financial compensation for loss of earnings due to the time taken for filming.”

Arthur Poremba from MAFS UK 2023 has opened up more about the pay for the show, and explained the limits of how much cast members will get. “They give you whatever you would have been paid at work, you have to prove what you earn so can’t say you make £10,000 a week,” he told The Sun.

“I think they have a maximum is probably around £1,200 to £1,300 a week. It’s a good deal. You’re not working, getting everything paid for and staying in a beautiful apartment.”

Sounds like a pretty good deal!

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook