Right, was Alex Hassell wearing a prosthetic in *that* Rivals nude scene?

The answers we all need

Rivals doesn’t exactly hold back, and within minutes there are nude scenes. So, as with a lot of shows, people have been wondering if actor Alex Hassell was wearing a prosthetic during full-frontal nude scenes during Rivals. And… we actually have answers.

Alex Hassell plays Rupert Campbell-Black, who is first introduced during a steamy sex scene, in which he’s having sex with a journalist in the toilet of a plane.

In an interview ahead of the show airing, he opened up about whether or not he used a prosthetic during the nude scene, and how he felt about baring all during Rivals. Spoiler alert: He didn’t!

Alex Hassell reveals if he wore prosthetic during Rivals nude scene

via Disney+

“It was discussed how comfortable I was whether or not it would be me or prosthetics or digital. But in the end, we just went for it,” Alex told Metro. “Well, my hair’s dyed, I’ve got a fake tan and my eyelashes are curled but apart from that it’s all me.” In the show, he also appears fully naked in a tennis match alongside co-star Emily Atack, who plays Sarah Stratton.

David Tennant, who plays Lord Tony Baddingham in the show, also opened up about nude scenes. “These things are never comfortable, but that’s why the environment that’s created is really important,” he said. “The arrival of the intimacy coordinator on sets has been hugely beneficial to everyone.

“Recreating that kind of intimacy is not something you get excited about doing, but you want to make sure that in that environment everyone feels safe and looked after, and that it can be as comfortable as possible.”

Alex added: “It doesn’t feel like any of it’s gratuitous either – it’s always an extension of the character and the relationships and the way that they’re expressing themselves and the power dynamics or the sexual dynamics.”

Well, now we know!