stephen love is blind flags

Stephen from Love Is Blind was a red flag from day one: All the insane signs we missed

Love may not be blind, but I certainly was

Stephen from Love Is Blind has caused more drama on season seven of the show than anyone else – Leo included. I thought he was a pretty decent guy for the most part, and him and Monica seemed to have a great connection. You can imagine the shock when *those* text messages broke their engagement apart. However, on a second rewatch, it’s actually surprising that more of us didn’t notice a lot of the glaring red flags from the first eight episodes. Here’s a rundown of all the red flags we missed on Love Is Blind that should have revealed what we know about Stephen now.

When he said that women giving birth is like men having a cold

Joke or not, saying that women giving birth is the equivalent of men having a cold is not going to get a laugh from a single woman alive. He made the joke during his time in the pods with Monica, who wasn’t too impressed. This is the kind of joke boys would shout across the classroom at me when I was 12, so it should have been our first sign something wasn’t going to be quite right with Stephen.

The weird a**l joke he made

monica love is blind

via Netflix

This joke was SO weird and came at such a random time. It appeared in the last scene before the text cheating scandal went down, when Monica and Stephen were having a lovely chat in their apartment. At the end of their conversation, he just said, “So, how about a**l?” In hindsight, this was perfect foreshadowing for what was to come five minutes later.

Admitting to being a Trump supporter in the past

Hearing that Stephen voted for Trump in the 2016 election was a hard listen, and one of the worse red flags of his on Love Is Blind. However hard Monica tried to put her biases aside, you could tell she wasn’t loving it.

Saying that Garrett looked like a poor man’s Chris Evans

stephen monica love is blind red flags

via Netflix

I’ve heard a lot of controversial statements on Love Is Blind, but this has to rank pretty highly. After Taylor and Garrett arrived at the beach party to meet everyone for the first time in episode six, Stephen was quick to make a jab at Garrett’s appearance.

“So, y’all don’t think he looks like a middle class Chris Evans?” Stephen asked Monica and Alexandra. “He’s a middle class Captain America. Lower middle class, but still middle class.” Both of them were quick to say no, and Alex’s face proves exactly what she thought of that question.

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.