Netflix Forbes 30 Under 30

Here are all your favourite Netflix stars who made it onto the Forbes 30 under 30 list

Leo Woodall and Ambika Mod supremacy

You already know the second someone’s face pops up on a Netflix show, they’re gonna be cooler and richer than you. Most recently everyone’s been firmly back in their Theo James era after we all watched The Gentlemen, and just before that everyone became thoroughly OBSESSED with Ambika Mod and Leo Woodall from One Day.

Well, every year Forbes releases its famous 30 under 30 list and it actually features a lot of your fave Netflix stars in its entertainment section. The 30 under 30 entertainment section is designed to “spotlight the next generation of talent” and is judged by Rina Sawayama, Neeraja Raj, Simona Tabasco and Conny Zhang. And, shock, all the Netflix actors are all either from One Day, Sex Education, Heartstopper or Bridgerton.

So, here are all your favourite Netflix stars who made it onto the Forbes 30 Under 30 list:

Ambika Mod

Via Netflix

Before One Day, Ambika Mod starred as Shruti in BBC’s This is Going to Hurt. Then she truly became the people’s princess when she played Emma in Netflix’s adaptation of One Day which we’re all still weeping about. The show became Netflix’s most-watched series globally in the first week of its release.

“I am so proud of this show, my performance and the impact the casting of a [South Asian] actor – as an already inspirational and iconic female character – is having,” she told Forbes.

Leo Woodall

Via Netflix

And of course, starring alongside Ambika Mod in One Day is the one and only Leo Woodall. Before One Day, Leo won a SAG award for his appearance in The White Lotus but proceeded to break our hearts as Dexter Mayhew.

Speaking about his role in One Day, Leo said playing Dex allowed him to “get closure over his younger self”.

Kit Connor

Via Netflix

The youngest person on the Netflix list at 20, Kit Connor became known for playing Nick Nelson in Heartstopper, a role for which he won several awards and literally everyone’s hearts. Before this, he started acting when he was eight and has previously appeared in Rocketman, playing a younger version of Taron Egerton’s rendition of Elton John.

Asa Butterfield

Via Netflix

The first of many, many Sex Education stars, Asa Butterfield is another Netflix legend to make the list. Otis might lead the show but he is possibly the most insufferable character. Asa was “poached from his after-school drama club” when he was eight and had a couple of minor roles before starring as Bruno in The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and eventually Otis in Sex Education.

Emma Mackey

Via Netflix

Another Sex Education legend, Emma Mackey has also made the list. Maeve was Emma’s first ever major TV role after she graduated from the University of Leeds. Since Sex Education, she’s been in a load of other things including most recently as Physicist Barbie in Barbie alongside Ncuti Gatwa.

Yasmin Finney

Netflix Forbes 30 Under 30

Also only 20 years old, Yasmin Finney, the absolute QUEEN who plays Elle in Hearstopper appears on the list alongside Kit Connor. She first got recognition from her TikTok account where she spoke about her experience growing up as a Black, transgender teenager in Manchester. From this, she landed her role in Heartstopper when she was 17. Since then she’s been a guest judge on Drag Race and was the first trans person on BBC’s Doctor Who.

Connor Swindells

Netflix Forbes 30 Under 30

The last Sex Education star to make the list, (Ncuti Gatwa was featured in 2020) Connor Swindells of course played the legend Adam. Since Sex Education, he’s been in loads of stuff including Barbie, Emma, SAS Rogue Heroes and, most recently, Scoop. He played Jae Donnelly in Netflix’s new film Scoop, as the paparazzi who managed to snap the infamous first photo of Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein together, starting the whole saga.

Phoebe Dynevor

Netflix Forbes 30 Under 30

Via Netflix

And last but not least, we have Phoebe Dynevor who played Daphne in the the very first season of Bridgerton, for which she got a BAFTA rising star nomination. But real ones remember her as Siobhan from Waterloo Road or Sally from Corrie’s daughter x

For all the latest viral memes, music and reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.