In full: The letter MAFS Australia’s Ben wrote to Ellie listing all the things he hates about her

It includes her vaping, and waking up when he walks into the bedroom

The last few episodes of Married at First Sight have been a lot to take in. The most recent chaos event has been Ben writing his MAFS Australia wife Ellie a full on list of everything he hates about her. You really couldn’t make it up.

It came as a bit of a shock, as previously in the same episode Ben had written a Ellie a song in some sort of grovelling apology for how he’d treated her, and for running away after the commitment ceremony. Then, out of nowhere, things had done a 180 and the couple were fighting.

Ben told the producers “you’ve missed hours and you’re not getting anything” as he refused to say what had caused the sudden turn in their relationship. Ellie then explained to the cameras Ben had “sat her down for two and a half hours” and “listed everything that he has not enjoyed about this relationship or me.”

She said “it was literally just nit-picking at me” and explained that, before she saw Ben’s cursed list, she had a “glimmer of hope” for their relationship, but then “felt cheated” by him and like he’d “wasted her time” on the experiment.

MAFS Australia 2024 groom Ben wrote wife Ellie a list of things he hates

via Channel 9 / E4

Ellie obviously took notes of what Ben had said about her, and told cameras: “He didn’t like that I applied makeup, because he’s used to dating girls who don’t wear a lot. He didn’t like the fact that I was 32 and he’s 39, he reckons there’s a generational gap. He didn’t like the fact that I’m from the Gold Coast, he didn’t like that I’m sensitive and emotional. He would also like good conversation from me – apparently he’s not getting good conversation.”

But, what did the list Ben wrote about his MAFS Australia wife Ellie say in full? In an image of the list obtained by So Dramatic!, Ben wrote his concerns under the title: “Why it’s not working for me”. They read:

• Not matching her sensitivity. When communicating problems, it results in an emotional outburst.

• Problems: More Ben time. Cooking/housework/balance the house $ groceries.

• Bedroom etiquette, waking up, Ellie… I feel unwelcome in the bedroom.

• Not wanting to debrief the day.

• Vaping. Spending hours doing makeup. Note, Ben said these two were “manageable”.

via Channel 9 / E4

He also had a separate list of things he thought weren’t “working for Ellie.” They read:

• Not debriefing the experiment. Not wanting to hear it.

• Not telling her my insecurities.

• Feels she doesn’t have a voice.

• I don’t do well under pressure.

• Me off-camera vs on-camera.

• Not sharing my opinions in a group setting.

• I haven’t called her out of her imperfections.

• Me not subscribing to drama.

“It’s just so hurtful,” Ellie said on the show of Ben’s list. “What is that going to achieve apart from make me feel shit about myself?” Ben’s reply? “I just want to finish my dinner.” Sure.

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.