Um, Lauren had a ‘secret Bali boyfriend’ who she was messaging during MAFS Australia

At this point, was anyone single during this experiment?

In another big MAFS Australia 2024 drama, bride Lauren Dunn has been accused of having a secret boyfriend whilst filming was taking place. Yikes!

It’s been reported Lauren was “pining” over an ex whilst she was on the experiment, and he was a guy she met in Bali not long before Married at First Sight. Groom Jack, who has never really had a good word to say about Lauren, has accused her of going back to her boyfriend after the show too, but said he “rejected her”.

Speaking to So Dramatic!, a source close to Lauren set the record straight, and said the whole story has been blown out of proportion and that the relationship was just a rebound. However they did admit she had been in contact with the Bali boyfriend whilst filming was taking place.

Lauren accused of having secret boyfriend during MAFS Australia 2024

via Channel 9 / E4

“It was just a holiday fling before the show and a bit of fun as one does in Bali,” they said. During the filming, they said he had “just asked how the show was going – that was about it.”

The source continued: “Jack has been running around telling anyone who will listen to deflect from his own shitty behaviour because of this stuff with his ex that has come out and because Lauren has been calling him out all season. He finally had something he could use to try to smear Lauren’s name in revenge and discredit her, so what she’s saying about him isn’t believed.

“Her Bali hookup was simply a rebound. She met this guy before the show had even contacted her. The week after she broke up with her ex Ryan, Lauren went to Bali, where she met this guy. She spent a week in total with him but never saw him again. Heaven forbid she had a life before MAFS.”

Lauren was previously in a relationship with former Australian pro footballer, Ryan Crowley. The couple were together for six years, and ended their relationship before she applied to be on MAFS Australia.

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.