From a huge dating age gap to his career, everything you need to know about MAFS’ Richard

He’s the oldest groom to ever appear on MAFS Australia

Richard has given everyone the ick, including his wife Andie, after his behaviour in the photo ranking challenge tonight. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, who exactly is the oldest MAFS Australia groom to ever appear on the show, Richard?

He broke up with his wife and then dated someone 27 years younger than him

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Richard (@richard_sauerman)

Richard and his wife were married for 27 years but he decided to leave her as the “relationship had run its course and the spark was no longer there.” He then dated a woman 27 years younger than him (what is it with this man and the number 27?!) but the two broke up because she wanted children and he didn’t.

Struggling to meet a woman his own age who fits his criteria, Richard is turning to the experts to pair him with a woman who has a zest for life, a flexible attitude, and is someone he has undeniable chemistry with.

Richard is the oldest groom to ever appear on MAFS Australia

Richard is 62 years old which makes him the oldest ever groom to appear on the show.

He has three children

View this post on Instagram

He has shared pictures of his daughter Roxy graduating on his Instagram.

He is a motivational speaker and brand consultant

View this post on Instagram

The MAFS Australia groom is a motivational speaker and brand consultant, with Richard even having his very own website. According to his website The Brand Guy, Richard has done ‘strategic thinking, brand planning and communications’ for brands such as Coca Cola, Microsoft, and Levis. He’s also been ranked in the Global Top 30 Brand Gurus since 2014.

Richard grew up in Cape Town

Whilst Richard grew up in Cape Town he also lived in London and Bangkok for some time, and has lived in Sydney for 35 years.

He’s written two books

One of his books is called ‘Are You Living Your Resume Or Your Eulogy?: And other short stories and anecdotes,‘ bit of a mouthful. I’ve read the blurb about five times and still genuinely could not tell you what it’s about. 

And co-runs his own marketing and branding agency

Alongside Nick Beckhurst the two run their own marketing and branding agency called Brandcraft.

He used to be bald!?

View this post on Instagram

Despite the MAFS Australia groom having a thick head of hair for his age, it turns out Richard actually used to be bald. This begs the question if he had shaved his head or for a hair transplant. Considering he had a good amount of hair before his bald era I would assume he shaved it but at this point who knows?

And has two very cute cats

View this post on Instagram

That is a green flag to be fair.

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 cast news and gossip on Richard, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.