Dakota Johnson Madame Web

Ranking Dakota Johnson’s Madame Web press tour moments by how unhinged they are

This week she’s said ‘It’s not nice to be a part of something that’s ripped to shreds, but I can’t say that I don’t understand’

At this point, Dakota Johnson is just as famous for her viral interview moments as she is her film and TV roles – which is really saying something considering she’s literally a Hollywood star. There is just something that hits so good about the way Dakota Johnson lets loose on a press tour – she doesn’t give a f*ck, quite frankly. I would be shaking in my boots if I had to interview her. This week, the much maligned and ridiculed “Madame Web” hit cinemas – and I put it in quotations because I cringe so much typing it I have to distance myself from it. Dakota Johnson has given her must unhinged press tour yet for this bizarre and critically panned Madame Web film, so I ranked her funniest moments from it all by how deranged they are.

5. More nepo baby discourse

Despite the fact she’s a third generation solid depo baby, Dakota Johnson weighs in and calls any conversation about nepo babies, annoying, boring and lame. Okay, diva.

4. Saying filming The Office was the worst time of her life

Speaking on Late Night with Seth Meyers, Dakota Johnson said of her brief stint on The Office “I loved that show so much and they were like, ‘Do you want to be in the series finale?’ and I was like, ‘Of course,’ thinking that I’d show up for, like, half a day. I was there for two weeks, and I’m barely in the f*cking show. There were weird dynamics that had been going on for the last 10 years, and I’m coming in like, ‘So excited to be here!’ No one wanted to talk to me. I was in the background of all of these scenes, faxing things.”

Someone on Twitter said “Does she ever stop complaining?” To which I say: We do not want her to.

3. Awkward encounter with journalist when he asks her about a shit viral Madame Web line

@huffpostuk

Madame Web star Dakota Johnson reacts to viral trailer line 🕷️ #MadameWeb #DakotaJohnson #dakotajohnsonedit #dakotajohnsonfan #spiderman

♬ original sound – HuffPost UK

HuffPost came through with unmissable content here after poor journalist Sam decides to bring up a line from the ludicrous Madame Web trailer that went viral. He asks Dakota if she knows why it went viral or was aware of it, which she is not. Or she is and just loves to see him squirm. The line “he was in the Amazon with my mom researching spiders right before she dies” went viral because it was clunky, expositional and Dakota’s monotone delivery made it even funnier. She doesn’t get it, he doesn’t want to explain it – a toe-curling back and forth follows.

2. Denouncing the film after it got dragged

In a new interview with Bustle, Dakota Johnson dragged the film. When asked if she was bothered by the bad reviews, Dakota said “Unfortunately, I’m not surprised that this has gone down the way it has.”

She continued, saying “It was definitely an experience for me to make that movie. I had never done anything like it before. I probably will never do anything like it again because I don’t make sense in that world. And I know that now. But sometimes in this industry, you sign on to something, and it’s one thing and then as you’re making it, it becomes a completely different thing, and you’re like, Wait, what? But it was a real learning experience, and of course it’s not nice to be a part of something that’s ripped to shreds, but I can’t say that I don’t understand.”

1. A literal earthquake interrupts her

This film is doomed.

Madame Web starring Dakota Johnson is in cinemas now. It currently has a Rotten Tomatoes score of 15 per cent at the time of publishing.