Bobbi Althoff and Drake have a history of drama

Ok so, what is the drama between Bobbi Althoff and Drake all about?

It involves a mutual unfollow and aired DMs

Bobbi Althoff and her husband Casey recently shared the sad news that they are getting divorced, and everyone started mentioning one name: Drake.

Bobbi shared that she was “sad” about the end of her four year marriage to Casey on Instagram. According to the filing, which cited “irreconcilable differences”, Casey and Bobbi separated back in July. This was a particularly difficult time for Bobbi as it was the month that Drake entered into her life.

His presence in Bobbi’s life came just after her getting catapulted to the mainstream. After gaining a following on TikTok sharing pregnancy content, Bobbi began popping up everywhere as the host of The Really Good Podcast. The conceit was that she had no experience interviewing celebrities but was going to give it a go anyway. Think the Amelia Dimoldenburgh-fronted web series Chicken Shop Date, but not in a Morleys and with a presenter who was an American mother of two little girls.

After interviewing rappers like Future, Lil Yachty and Offset, Bobbi thought she would shoot for the stars and managed to book Drake. Even Amelia has not managed to get that name pencilled into her diary. Getting Drake was extra baffling because Bobbi didn’t just seem bad at the job in a pretend, funny way. Instead, the disinterest in her work and interviewees felt very real. Anyway, Drake clearly thought it would be a lark and wasn’t put off by her showreel.

The eventual trailer sent everyone wild. This was largely due to Bobbi and Drake being filmed chatting in his actual bed. When the episode dropped in July, they discussed personal topics like if he would ever get married and so on. There was also chatter about whether the conversation had gotten a little too flirty for a married mother of two.

Eventually, allegations that the pair had actually had sex emerged, which got so out of control for Bobbi that she deleted the episode from the back catalogue, and they unfollowed each other. More fuel was added to the fire when Bobbi appeared on BFFs with Dave Portnoy, Josh Richards and Bri Chickenfry to discuss how on earth this even came about. During the epsiode, Bobbi mentioned how off Drake had been and how she didn’t even greet her when she came into his house.

“I walked into his house, and he didn’t even say hi to me. So I went to the bathroom and came out, and he’s just sitting there with his two assistants and isn’t even acknowledging that I’m in the room,” she told the three hosts. “Then I’m sitting there on my phone and he comes up and says, ‘Oh hi’ then goes back to his phone and I was like dude, I don’t even want to do this. […] And my friend said lean into it and call it out in the interview. So then, during the interview, I was able to be like, why did you do that?”

Bobbi was probed on the matter further when Dave directly messaged her, putting to her the allegation that she had slept with Drake. Without beating around the bush, he put to Bobbi the allegations about the alleged sexual drama, writing: “My girlfriend said you slept with Drake and are getting a divorce. I am saying that is not true.”

Bobbi agreed that there was no truth to the whisperings, responding: “I’m not commenting on it publicly, but off the record, you’re right that is not true.” Despite not wanting to keep it public, this exchange was shared on her Instagram. It concluded with Dave saying he “knew” that his hunch was “right”. In the caption, Bobbi highlighted that she was not enjoying all the “negativity” and planned to “leave it alone after this”.

Since interviewing Drake, Bobbi has gone on to interview a number of celebrities in and outside of the world of hip-hop. These include Rainn Wilson, Mark Cuban and Michael Cera.