Griselda Sofia Vergara Netflix

Griselda Blanco’s son slams Sofia Vergara for making his mum look ‘ugly’ in Netflix series

He claims Sofia is being ‘disrespectful’

You’d think getting Sofia Vergara to play your mum in a series would be a pretty big compliment to her right? Well, not for the son of Griselda Blanco who has slammed Sofia Vergara for making his mum look “ugly” in the Netflix series.

Michael Blanco said: “My mother was a beautiful woman… When you read my book, you’ll see that my mother was called the porcelain doll in her youth. Mayors, governors and even politicians in different countries would try to court my mother… even here in the United States. She was the creme de la creme.”

He went on to insist that his mother’s looks deteriorated because of her time in prison but that she was “a beautiful woman … the fact that they call her ‘ugly’ really offends me.”

Sofia Vergara had to undergo almost three hours of prosthetics to play the role of Griselda in the new Netflix series, and her son feels they tried to make her look “more like a drug addict.”

The family of Griselda are also trying to sue both Netflix and Sofia Vergara over the new series. Griselda Blanco’s family claims in its lawsuit that Sofia and Netflix ripped off their family’s story, added to their show using their work, and encroached on their right to privacy by using their images and likenesses. The family sought an unsuccessful court injunction to block it from coming to Netflix.

In a statement to Entertainment Tonight, Griselda’s family said: “We look forward to having the Court promptly address our client’s concerns. We should have more information next week as the case proceeds.”