Michael Cera didn't create the TikTok skincare brand CeraVe

No, Michael Cera is nothing to do with the skincare brand CeraVe despite the TikTok rumours

The stickers didn’t help the speculation x

Michael Cera didn’t create the skincare brand CeraVe despite being spotted handing out bottles in New York City on TikTok.

It seems that Michael was having a little laugh when he was spotted attaching stickers to his face and handing out bottles of the brand’s moisturisers and cleansers to passersby on the street. One of the people to first raise the alarm bells was the model Hailey Kalil.

@haleyybaylee

Guys run to this pharmacy in BK, I just saw MICHAEL CERA signing bottles!! 😳😳😳I’m a ceravepartner, and I’m asking @CeraVe what is going ON #nyc #fyp #celebritysighting

♬ original sound – haleyybaylee

“It’s a lovely cream here,” Michael whispered before leaving the store in the video she posted to TikTok.

The video caused many question marks to pop up in people’s brains, prompting them to seek clarification in the comments section. Hailey appeared to be a good source as she works in collaboration with the brand as an influencer.

“I can’t tell if she just casually runs into people or if it’s planned,” one person wrote.

Someone else added: “I actually thought he was the creator of CeraVe at first because of his last name.”

Some people hinted they knew it was a joke, with one person commenting: “Are you ever serious?”

Michael added to the fire when he appeared on The Really Good Podcast with the TikTok star Bobbi Altoff when he failed to deny involvement in the company.

@haleyybaylee

♬ original sound – haleyybaylee

Wanting a direct answer, Bobbi said: “Look in my eyes right now and tell me, did you or did you not create CeraVe?”

Instead of responding as asked, Michael stormed off the set, remarking that he needed to “rub something on my arms”.

Later, he did a very bad job setting the record straight by telling her he did not “claim” to be a founder or even commercially involved before adding: “But if you look at my name, my name is Michael Cera, and people tend to draw the obvious.”

“I do like to say I have skin in the game,” Michael told Bobbi.

However, The Messenger reached out to CeraVe – who is known for its pared-back products that cater for a variety of skin types – to ask for confirmation on the story, and CeraVe point-blank denied that Michael had involvement in their work.

In a statement, the company said: “CeraVe is developed with dermatologists, not Michael Cera.”