Michelle Williams Justin Timberlake impression

Ok, so this is why Michelle Williams is reading Britney Spears’ The Woman In Me audiobook

I will never recover from her Justin Timberlake impression

There’ve been lots of wild revelations coming out after the release of Britney Spears’ memoir The Woman In Me. But, one of the funniest, was Britney shading Justin for putting on a different accent to seem cool in front of the rapper Ginuwine.  “One day J [Justin] and I were in New York going to parts of town I had never been to before,” she writes. “Walking our way was a guy with a huge, blinged-out medallion. He was flanked by two giant security guards. J got all excited and said, so loud, ‘Oh yeah, fo’ shiz, fo’ shiz! Ginuwine, what’s up homie?’”

But, what’s sent the internet into even more of a tailspin is Michelle Williams attempting to do an impression of Justin’s seriously ick accent in The Woman In Me audio book. “Nothing can prepare you for these 15 seconds,” wrote one person on Twitter. “This is art,” added another. And, truly, they are right.

Wait, so why isn’t Britney Spears reading her own audiobook of The Woman In Me?

So, although Britney reads The Woman In Me’s introduction, she passes the narrating reigns over to Michelle Williams from the first chapter. This is basically because Britney would have found it too painful to relive the trauma of some of the experiences she speaks about in the book.

“This book has been a labour of love and all the emotions that come with it,” she said in a statement to People. “Reliving everything has been exciting, heart-wrenching, and emotional, to say the least. For those reasons, I will only be reading a small part of my audiobook. I am so grateful to the amazing Michelle Williams for reading the rest of it.”

And where can we listen to this viral clip of Michelle Williams doing an impression of Justin Timberlake?

So, if you want to listen to the whole of The Woman In Me audiobook, that’s on Audible. But for just the clip of Michelle Willliam’s heroic impression of Justin Timberlake, you can hear that below. It’s truly the gift that keeps on giving:

Give Michelle Williams another Academy Award. End of.

Recommended stories by this writer:

• Justin Timberlake to Colin Farrell: Every big revelation from Britney Spears’ book so far 

• Why Britney Spears fans think Everytime is about her abortion with Justin Timberlake

You can like Justin Timberlake’s music and still think he owes Britney Spears an apology 

Featured image credit via Kristin Callahan/Matt Baron/Shutterstock