John lewis Christmas advert 2023

Not to alarm anyone, but the John Lewis Christmas advert is out TOMORROW

This year’s ad is called ‘Traditions Grow’

It is officially time to whip out the tinsel and Baileys because the John Lewis Christmas advert 2023 is coming out tomorrow!

The John Lewis Christmas advert marks the start of when it’s socially acceptable to start getting excited for Christmas. It gives you the official go-ahead for drinking copious amounts of mulled wine and having Love Actually playing on a loop. And it’s literally less than 24 hours away!

What do we know about the John Lewis Christmas ad 2023?

Yesterday, John Lewis posted a TikTok teaser of the advert with the caption “Christmas begins 9 November #Traditions Grow” alongside a plant emoji.

The video shows a little boy asking his Gran if he can have a grow-your-own Christmas tree kit. He opens it to reveal a seed for the tree. People are therefore guessing it has something to do with a boy growing his own Christmas tree.

We don’t have any more clues as to what this year’s advert will be about but if there’s one thing to be sure of, it’s most definitely going to make you ugly cry.

There was no clue as to what song the advert will be soundtracked to or who will be singing but a few people in the comments have been guessing a cover of “Love Grows (Where my Rosemary Goes)” by Edison Lighthouse. This song went viral on TikTok a while ago.

Other song guesses include a cover of “Up Where We Belong” by Jennifer Warnes and Joe Cocker.

According to AI, predictions include this year’s advert featuring Lewis Capaldi singing a cover of John Lennon’s “Imagine” and I can already picture it. If true I can already see the live laugh love mums up and down the country sobbing.

Last year we had “The Beginner” which told the story of a foster dad who takes up skateboarding to have something in common with his new daughter and make him feel at home. It was soundtracked to a cover of Blink-182’s “All The Small Things” and was so wholesome.

The year before that in 2021 was “Unexpected Guest” which was the story of a 14-year-old boy Nathan teaching an alien all the Christmas traditions. The song was a cover of Together in Electric Dreams sung by Lola Young.

I can’t wait for John Lewis to officially mark the acceptable time for us to get excited about Christmas.

Featured image via YouTube.