Love Island winners split

All the Love Island winners, ranked by how long they lasted until they split

Jess and Sammy only managed two months before breaking up

I don’t know if any of the winners of Love Island truly believe that after they bag that prize money that they’ll be together forever, but if they do they need to have a little glance over the track record for how long these relationships tend to last. The latest to split are this year’s winners Sammy Root and Jess Harding, who have just announced their breakup after the rumour mill pumped out gossip that they were on the rocks. Here are all of the Love Island winners, ranked by how long they lasted before they announced they’d split.

Shortest: Amber and Greg – Five weeks

2019 winners Amber and Greg split up a measly five weeks after they won Love Island 2019 – making them bottom of the pile for distance managed by winners. Apparently, Amber was left gutted after Greg dumped her by text. Although considering since their split she’s come out as a lesbian I reckon she’s probably got over it.

Jess and Max – Six weeks

The first ever winning Love Island couple barely fared any better than Amber and Greg. They announced their 40 day post villa relationship that ended before the days of Insta stories with a pretty flop Tweet. That’s that then.

Sammy and Jess – Two months

Our 2023 Love Island winners have officially split after two months together. Big yikes. After the Mail Online exclusively revealed they were over yesterday, as Jess parties in Ibiza without Sammy, the latter made a statement on Instagram saying

“Yes we had a private conversation regarding our relationship but this was left up in the air as Jess is still away and we haven’t had a chance to speak in person,” he explained, admitting it was “a total shock” to see the media reports today that their romance was over. To be totally clear – I at least wanted a face to face conversation to see if our relationship could be saved and felt this would be the respectful way forward.” As of publishing this, Jess is yet to comment.

Jack and Dani – Six months

Love Island winners split

Via ITV

Jack Finch and Dani Dyer were fan faves for their entire run on Love Island 2018, but it didn’t last long after the villa. They split up six months after winning – but then got back together? Then split up again? Carnage. Things are seemingly NOT on good terms after Jack recently rowed with her dad Danny Dyer over a leg of lamb, lmao.

Kem and Amber – Six months

Love Island winners split

Via ITV

Kem and Amber won Love Island 2017, and like Jack and Dani only lasted six months once they got back to the real world. Amber said: “I think it was just so intense and it was a mutual decision. It did fizzle out because we were so busy. But we’re still really good friends.”

Paige and Finn – Three years

Inaugural winter Love Island winners Paige and Finn managed a good three years before finally calling it quits, and you know what? That’s healthy. That’s a good relationship that ran its course.

It’s worth noting also that Nathan and Cara briefly split up after the show but got back together and are still together now. Ekin-Su and Davide did the same, as did Millie and Liam.

For all the latest Love Island couples news and gossip, and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.