Sam Britney divorce statement

‘I wish her the best always’: Sam Asghari releases first statement on divorcing Britney

He also denies accusations he’s attempting to ‘exploit’ Britney

The speed of the news cycle that has come out since TMZ reported Sam Asghari and Britney Spears had separated, followed almost immediately by the update that Sam has filed for divorce, has been relentless. For the first time since the news broke, Britney Spears’ husband of 14 months has spoken out on their split and pending divorce, with Sam releasing a statement on social media.

‘Sh*t happens’

Via his Instagram story, Sam stated: “After 6 years of love and commitment to each other my wife and I have decided to end our journey together. We will hold onto the love we have for each other and I wish her the best always. Shit happens. Asking for privacy seems ridiculous so I will just ask for everyone including the media to be kind and thoughtful.”

A rep for Sam also made a statement on the allegations that he was planning to expose and exploit Britney with private videos during the divorce proceedings and will try to embarrass her in order to get more money from the divorce. A spokesperson for Sam Asghari told ET: “There are many claims that Sam is challenging the prenup and threatening to exploit his ex-wife with videos. However, all these claims are false. No negative intention has ever been directed towards her and never will be. Sam has always and will always support her.”

Britney is yet to speak out about the Sam Asghari divorce on any socials platform or via a rep statement to the press.

Page Six has reported however reporting that Britney Spears is planning to release a new album and has sessions planned with a source saying “She has an upcoming writers camp and is getting songs from some big artists.”

Recommended stories by this writer:

As divorce looms, here’s a full timeline of Britney and Sam Asghari’s relationship

• The definitive ranking of Britney Spears music videos, based on how iconic they are

• ‘I just want my life back’: Everything Britney Spears said in her historic court appearance

Featured image via Sam Asghari on Instagram.