Ariana Grande's dating history

Rappers and real estate agents: Inside Ariana Grande’s whirlwind relationships over the years

She has recently been linked to her Wicked co-star Ethan Slater

Ariana Grande has been at the forefront of headlines in recent days as a result of her divorce from Dalton Gomez going public. Just as the news began to die down, it was reported Ariana was dating her Wicked movie co-star Ethan Slater, but neither had publicly commented on the reports.

Over the years Ariana Grande has been in some high profile relationships from Hollywood rappers to more lowkey people that no one really knows much about. While the ins and outs of her relationships are none of our business, over the years she has shared bits and bobs about her partners and some of her relationships have been pretty high profile.

So who are Ariana Grande’s ex-boyfriends? Here’s a look inside Ariana Grande’s dating history from when she was just a budding Nickelodeon star to being a worldwide superstar.

Graham Phillips

Before Ariana Grande became a global star, she appeared in 13: The Musical on Broadway. It has been reported that from the years 2008 to 2011, Ariana dated her co-star Graham Phillips. The former couple have remained friends since their romance and they had 13: The Musical reunion in 2016.

A source told E! at the time that “they had a wonderful time. Both of them, and their guests, were an absolute delight and stayed late into the night. They treated everyone amazing!”

Jai Brooks

If you were chronically online back in the day, you will remember Ariana Grande’s relationship with Janoskians member Jai Brooks. The pair started dating in 2012 after Jai got the attention of Ariana via Twitter and they had an online relationship.

They then met in person and later split in 2013 following cheating rumours. Jai’s brothers got involved on Twitter, calling out Ariana and it all got rather messy. Ariana’s brother, Frankie, proceeded to get involved and said: “Anybody who believes that rumour about my sister needs to pause. Open their eyes and remember how much she loved him.

“He CRUSHED her with a phone breakup and to see Ari that miserable broke MY heart.”

They then got back together in May 2014 before finally calling it quits in August that same year. A source told E! Online that the signer ended things with Jai because he wasn’t there for her when her grandfather died.

“When her grandfather was dying, everyone was there for her. People flew to Florida to be with her, but Jai didn’t,” the source said. “Ariana just felt he wasn’t there like he should have been.”

The pair “remained friends” after their split but 10 years later, they probably don’t give each other a second thought.

Nathan Sykes

Ariana Grande was linked to The Wanted singer Nathan Sykes after recording their song Almost Is Never Enough together in 2013. In January 2014, Ariana confirmed in an interview that she and Nathan had split up after five months due to distance, but remained close friends.

When Ariana’s Thank U, Next was released, everyone began piecing together who was mentioned in the song, realising Nathan wasn’t. When asked how he felt that he hadn’t been mentioned in the song, he said: “That’s good!”

Big Sean

In Ariana Grande’s dating history, Big Sean joins in 2014. Rumours began to spread in August 2014 about a budding romance between Ariana Grande and Big Sean. The former couple only dated for about nine months before they broke up due to their busy schedules. During their relationship, they walked the Grammy Awards red carpet and released three songs.

It seems to have been an amicable split between the two as they were spotted hanging out in 2019 and she even included him in her song Thank U, Next.

Ricky Alvarez

In Ariana Grande’s dating history, Ricky Alvarez slots in from 2015 to 2016. Ricky Alvarez was one of Ariana Grande’s back up dancers and the singer went public with their relationship on Snapchat and they have since remained friends over the years.

The internet went into meltdown when they were pictured together in New York in 2019, but Ariana was quick to squash any rumours.

“We’re friends everyone take a big ol’ breather,” she wrote in an Instagram post at the time.

Mac Miller

Ariana Grande and Mac Miller first met after collaborating on her song The Way and while remaining friends for some time, they eventually started dating in 2016 before splitting up in 2018.

Talking about their split after a fan blamed her for Mac’s behaviour on Twitter, Ariana said: “How absurd that you minimise female self-respect and self-worth by saying someone should stay in a toxic relationship because he wrote an album about them, which btw isn’t the case (just Cinderella is about me).”

Following his death a year later, Ariana said their relationship was “by no means perfect” and that he was “the best person ever”.

Ariana publicly spoke about Mac Miller’s death and wrote a touching tribute to him on Instagram.

“I adored you from the day I met you when I was 19 and I always will. I can’t believe you aren’t here anymore. I really can’t wrap my head around it. We talked about this. So many times. I’m so mad, I’m so sad I don’t know what to do,” she wrote on Instagram.

“You were my dearest friend. For so long. Above anything else. I’m so sorry I couldn’t fix or take your pain away. I really wanted to. The kindest, sweetest soul with demons he never deserved. I hope you’re okay now. Rest.”

Pete Davidson

Pete Davidson and Ariana Grande’s relationship was a very blink or you’ll miss it kind of vibe. The pair were dating for a few weeks in May 2018 before they announced they were engaged. Their relationship later ended in October of that same year.

“They realised it happened too quick and too early. The wedding is off, but they’re working things out. They’re not officially done yet,” a source told US Weekly.

Dalton Gomez

Rumours about a romance between Ariana and Dalton Gomez began to spread in March 2020 and in December of that year, they announced they were engaged. Ariana and Dalton got married in 2021 but it has since been reported they are heading for divorce.

Dalton is a luxury real estate agent and has a string of celebrity friends including Miley Cyrus.

In July 2023, it was reported that Ariana and Dalton had separated in January and were headed for divorce. TMZ reported that crack began to show in their relationship after Ariana began working on Wicked in the UK.

The pair are said to be on good terms and the publication said they are “friends [who] still talk on the phone regularly.”

Ethan Slater

Just days after the news of Ariana’s separation from Dalton Gomez, it was reported that she was dating her Wicked co-star Ethan Slater.

For more news like Ariana Grande’s dating history and all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook