Maura rejected the All Stars version of Love Island because she’s ‘moved on’ from the show

A bit savage, tbh

Maura Higgins has revealed she was approached by producers of the All Stars version of Love Island, but rejected the opportunity to be on the show again.

In the last year or so the idea of an “All Stars” version of the show has been teased multiple times, and is said to be “in development”, with ITV trying to scout some of the biggest icons from previous seasons. Of course, Maura would fall into this category, but she’s said in an interview she said no when approached.

Maura, who was first on Love Island 2019, told Goss.ie she “doesn’t want to go back in time” and she has moved on from the show. “I can’t see myself ever doing that again, no,” she said. “I’ve been asked, but I’ve said no. I just think, I’ve done it once, I’ve had my time on Love Island. I don’t really want to go back in time, I want to look to the future.”

Love Island star Maura Higgins says she rejected the All Stars version of the show

via Love Island USA

After leaving the villa, Maura appeared to scrub all signs of Love Island from her socials, and instead pursued a career as a model. However, it’s just been revealed she’s landed the job as the social host of Love Island USA, in Fiji.

A TV source previously said about the All Stars version: “Love Island All Stars is in development at ITV and it is a concept they have been talking about. This summer’s series marks the tenth series of the show and ITV thinks there’s an appetite for the concept.

“The plan would be to invite some of the sexiest and most successful former Islanders to see if they can find love for a second time around.”

I’m gutted, I can’t lie.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.