Islanders moving and villa ghosts: The biggest editing errors so far on Love Island 2023

Every time these blow my mind

Over the years, people have called out Love Island for editing scenes countless times – and the 2023 series is definitely following suit.

They’re have been all sorts of weird goings on in the villa this year – from actual ghosts being spotted, to classic cases of drinks changing levels and wine glasses moving, as well as Islanders themselves magically appearing and disappearing from conversations.

Here’s a rundown of all the best, and sometimes pretty mind-boggling, pieces of dodgy editing from Love Island 2023 so far. Enjoy!

It wasn’t even a week in before editing blunders were being spotted during Love Island 2023

Editing errors during Love Island 2023

via ITV

Less than one week into Love Island 2023, and people were spotting glitches and blunders all over the place. Remember when Sammy first entered and some of the girls were invited on a jacuzzi date with him in the Hideaway? Well it wasn’t as smooth as you might remember.

It was all a bit awkward, with the girls having to take off and do up their shoes, whilst Sammy just sort of sat and watched from within the jacuzzi. So awkward it seems, that the producers decided they simply must cut out part of the shoe sorting from what we saw. On Sammy’s date with Ella, there was a pretty funny editing error, and tbh, I’m thanking Love Island for this one.

via ITV

After the date, Ella was shown getting out the jacuzzi in bare feet, and leaving the Hideaway with nothing on her feet still. But then, as she entered back into the main part of the villa – magic! – her shoes were back on. Her gold heels were perfectly done up and she was strutting into the villa.

A wine glass was seen moving on its own

via ITV

Right near the start of Love Island 2023 there was an editing error during a conversation between Jess and Sammy. They sat on the sofas together, and Sammy’s champagne flute was next to him on the seat.

Editing errors during Love Island 2023

via ITV

As he spoke to Jess, the camera then showed just his face, and you could see the glass had somehow appeared in his hand. The conversation was clearly highly edited, with a big enough chunk taken out for him to look at the glass, reach over and grab it, and bring it back to where he was sitting.

Ruchee walked out the villa with her water bottle… and then it was on the side in the kitchen

When Ruchee was dumped early on in the season, she was seen quite happily striding out the villa with her personalised “Ruchee” water bottle swinging in her hand.

via ITV

Then, straight away after the scene, it cut to the boys all gathered in the kitchen discussing the recoupling and vote. Mitch was talking about his “game plan” with Molly, and they were reflecting on the decision they’d made to send Ruchee home.

via ITV

Buuuuut, whose water bottle was on the side next to them as they were doing this? Ruchee’s! Literally less than a second after we saw her leave, and this couldn’t have been filler footage from before her exit, because the boys were talking about her going!

There was literally a phantom hand in the villa at one point

Editing errors during Love Island 2023

via ITV

Ok, this is possibly one of the worst Love Island editing errors of all time, because no amount of chopping up clips or ANYTHING can explain this. In the scene, it was just Molly and Scott having a chat on the day bed… but there was a hand behind him.

ITV can’t have even edited an Islander out the scene, which I don’t see why it would anyway, because behind Scott is just the end of the bed. The mystery hand belongs to Zach, who has the same tattoos on his fingers…but…how?!

The Islanders started magically moving around mid conversation

via ITV

During one episode of Love Island 2023, there were two editing errors back to back. The first came when there was a section where multiple Islanders were sat on the sofas outside discussing all the Casa Amor recoupling dramas.

At first it looked all normal, but then, the camera showed a closeup of Amber and Elom. This was when all the errors kicked in, and the Islanders started moving all over the place.

As the camera changed angle, Elom moved from one side of the sofa to the other in less than a second. Mitch also appeared in shot, and Abi completely disappeared.

Editing errors during Love Island 2023

via ITV

During the first clip Elom was round one side of the sofa, sat next to Ouzy. Amber and Abi were sat around the other side. Then in the next clip, which was shown instantly after with nothing in between, Elom was next to Amber, where Abi was before, and Mitch iswasin the conversation, when he wasn’t there at all before.

The drinks kept changing levels during a date scene

via ITV

Later in the same episode, Jess, Kady, Tyrique and Scott were sent on a cute cocktail night as they were all single at the time. There’s a reason Love Island usually sticks to the water bottles and gold wine glasses – so we can’t tell the levels of the drinks and when editing has taken place.

Editing errors during Love Island 2023

via ITV

You guessed it – the drinks kept going from full to empty and full again in a matter of seconds, showing the clips had been chopped up out of order, and people’s facial reactions weren’t actually to what had just been said.

Uh-oh!

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.