There were *two* editing errors on Love Island last night making it the most setup episode yet

Why did nobody spot this?

Last night there were two editing errors during Love Island, making it the most blunder-filled episode of the 2023 series so far. People have spotted a few in previous episodes, but last night’s had more than ever.

Throughout the episode Islanders were magically moving positions when they were sat down for chats, and later on the continuity of the clips showing the single Islanders out for cocktails together was, shall we say, a bit off.

First off, near the start of the episode shown on Thursday night, there was a section where multiple Islanders were sat on the sofas outside discussing all the Casa Amor recoupling dramas.

Editing errors spotted in Love Island 2023 episode

via ITV

At first it looks all normal, but then, the camera showed a closeup of Amber and Elom. This was when all the errors kicked in, and the Islanders started moving all over the place.

via ITV

Ummm, look closely, how did Elom move from one side of the sofa to the other in less than a second? Is he a time traveller? Where did Mitch come from? Where’s Abi gone?

During the first clip Elom is round one side of the sofa, sat next to Ouzy. Amber and Abi are sat around the other side. Then in the next clip, which was shown instantly after with nothing in between, Elom is now next to Amber, where Abi was before, and Mitch is in the conversation, when he wasn’t there at all before. Can someone please explain?

Next up in the episode, Jess, Kady, Tyrique and Scott were sent on a cute cocktails night as they are all single. There’s a reason Love Island usually sticks to the water bottles and gold wine glasses – so we can’t tell the levels of the drinks and when editing has taken place.

via ITV

Bad error from the show then to give all the Islanders mojitos in clear glasses. Yep, the levels of the drinks kept going up and down constantly, despite the conversation being shown to us as though it was in order.

via ITV

Drink levels were up and down so quickly, it looked as though some of the reactions to things said weren’t actually the right reactions, and bits of the conversation had been chopped up and shown in a different order.

via ITV

All of the pictures in this article are in order of how they were shown during the episode, so you can see what I mean. And no, this isn’t a case of them getting more drinks as the conversation continued (which would have still been dodgy editing from a time perspective), as the Islanders are very rarely allowed more than one drink a night, and last night they joked about only having one drink.

via ITV

Last night’s episode added to a whole host of editing errors that have already been spotted during Love Island 2023. Just this week people spotted Ella and Ouzy magically swapping sides of the bed during the night, and earlier in the series there was a phantom hand spotted on Scott’s shoulder, as well as wine glasses moving, among other things.

Yikes!

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.