Olivia Rodrigo Vampire theories

A rundown of all the theories on who Olivia Rodrigo’s Vampire could be about

I don’t think I’ve recovered from SOUR yet

Olivia Rodrigo is back! The singer has floored fans with her latest single, Vampire, with her sophomore album Guts being released in September 2023.

When Olivia released SOUR, everyone began flocking to social media to deduce the meaning of all the songs, which led to months of a suspected feud between Olivia Rodrigo, Sabrina Carpenter and Joshua Bassett. Now that’s all over, fans reckon Vampire is about someone entirely different.

So who is the song apparently about? Here are all the theories and supposed hidden meanings in the latest single, Vampire, by Olivia Rodrigo.

Olivia Rodrigo said ‘Guts’ is about ‘growing pains’

Talking about her new album and single, Olivia said it is all about “trying to figure out” who she is. “For me, this album is about growing pains and trying to figure out who I am at this point in my life,” Rodrigo said.

“I feel like I grew 10 years between the ages of 18 and 20—it was such an intense period of awkwardness and change. I think that’s all just a natural part of growth, and hopefully the album reflects that.”

Talking about Vampire, Olivia said she was “upset” about a situation which led to her going to the studio alone and writing the song.

“I went to the studio alone and sat down at the grand piano, and the chords and melody and lyrics just poured out of me—almost like an out-of-body experience,” the singer explained.

“It’s a song about feeling confused and hurt, and at first I thought it was meant to be a piano ballad. But when Dan and I started working on it, we juxtaposed the lyrics with these big drums and crazy tempo changes. So now it’s like a heartbreak song you can dance to.”

Fans reckon Vampire takes place where good 4 u left off

It’s fair to assume good 4 u was about the Joshua Bassett situation, even though that is now water under the bridge. Someone on TikTok put together a couple of clips and noticed that the good 4 u music video and Vampire music video are directed by the same person.

The ending of good 4 u sees Olivia Rodrigo floating in a lake as she finishes the song and the teaser for Vampire shows Olivia pulled out of a lake as her eyes open.  “I feel like it’s going to give so much Jennifer’s body vibes,” the fan wrote.

@oliviarodrigocooledits

WAIIIT this makes so much sense, and she event posted sinilar teasers for both music videos like with her exiting her trailer!!!!!!! – 🎥 liviessvsp – #oliviarodrigo #oliviarodrigoguts #guts #sour #vampire #good4u #goodforyou #fantheory #songofthesummer

♬ original sound – oliviarodrigocooledits

People on Twitter think it’s about her ex-boyfriend Adam Faze

Some people have speculated that the new song is about Olivia’s ex-boyfriend, Adam Faze. The pair were once pictured at a movie premiere after meeting “through industry friends”. However after dating for a bit, a source told People in February 2023 they were over.

One of the theories about Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo is that it could be a nod to the relationship is that Adam and Olivia were “confirmed ” to be in a relationship on June 29th 2021 and Olivia released the song on June 29th.

It could also be about her ex-boyfriend Zack Bia

Some fans however believe the song could be about Zack Bia. In early 2022 it was confirmed they were dating after finding “a good balance” with one another. However, they soon broke up in August 2022.

There are two lyrics in particular that fans have picked up on. “Six months of torture that you sold as some forbidden paradise. Went for me and not her ’cause girls your age know better.”

Olivia and Zack dated for six months and was 19 when they were together, while Zack was 25 years old and later turned 26 during their relationship.

However a lot of people believe it’s just a song with no hidden meaning

Following on from the witch-hunt that began after SOUR was released, a lot of fans have said Vampire could just be a song with no hidden meanings whatsoever.

In the comment section of a video discussing who Vampire could be about, a number of fans rallied to together to shut down the speculation.

“How about we don’t speculate about her personal life,” one user wrote, with another writing: “Can we not do this again please.”

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.