Taylor Swift’s Speak Now merch is on sale, and it’s being dragged by fans

‘Taylor I am so sorry I wasn’t your merch team president’

Taylor Swift has finally released merchandise for Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) ahead of the album release on July 7th. When the album is released, Swifties can expect re-recorded versions of Enchanted, The Story of Us, and Speak Now. It will also feature songs ‘from The Vault’ which have not previously been released.

In a tweet posted in 2020, Taylor told her fans that re-recording her music, “has already proven to be both exciting and creatively fulfilling”. Taylor’s first re-recorded album was released in 2022 after her former record label sold her back her catalogue of music for a reported $300 million.

The merchandise shop is only open for 48 hours and closes at 7pm on June 30th. Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) Eras Collection includes a tote bag, sweatshirts, t-shirts, a lithograph, a blanket, a magnet set and a patch set. The prices range from between £20 and £60.

Taylor Swift fans on Twitter have made their opinions clear, with some dubbing it as “the ugliest sh*t” they have ever seen, with another saying: “What the f**k is this merch? Why does she hate speak now?”

The most talked about merchandise has the been tote bag, which literally is just a purple bag. “The Speak Now merch drop is ugly. The only good thing is the tote bag but for that price it’s stupid as f**k because from personal experience totes from Taylor’s website are ridiculously tiny for the price you pay,” one user wrote on Twitter.

The tote bag costs £35 and is 23″ W x 15.25″ H, making it larger than an Urban Outfitters tote. So, maybe it’ll fit the essentials. Another Swiftie wrote: “The only somewhat cute piece of Speak Now merch is the tote bag, but I am NOT about to spend $40 on it.” Valid tbh.

Some Swifties have also expressed their disappointment of there being no signed CDs part of the merch drop, as well as the lack of key necklaces. Merch for both Red (Taylor’s Version) and Fearless (Taylor’s Version) included necklaces with engravings of lyrics, and signed CDs.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

What is the McDonald’s Grimace milkshake death trend and can I buy one in the UK?

Jump on the toxic gossip train and enjoy these memes of Colleen Ballinger’s cringe apology

‘The mask has slipped’: YouTuber who accused Colleen Ballinger reacts to her apology song

Featured image credit via Instagram @taylorswift.