Luca Love Island followers

Luca Bish says people only go on Love Island for followers and a ‘change of life’

He even admitted he didn’t go on for love

Love Island’s Luca Bish has claimed people only go on Love Island to get more followers on social media rather than finding a partner.

Luca appeared in the 2022 series of the reality dating show and was couple up with Gemma Owen for majority of his time in the villa. Speaking to OK! about his time on the show, he said he took part for the “experience”.

The runner-up said a lot of Islanders who take part on the show only do it for social media followers and a “change of life”, instead of finding love.

“If someone tells me they’re going in there and going to fall in love because five people have had babies [from] it and they’ve been married, they’re watching the Disney Channel and believe in happy endings all the time,” he said.

“I’d say 99.9 per cent of people go in there for a change of life and hopefully come out with a few followers.”

Luca admitted he didn’t necessarily go on Love Island to “fall in love” but instead it was for the “experience on the whole.”

“If I found love then that was a bonus and if I came out with a load of followers and opportunities then obviously that’s a bonus too,” he said. “Having said that, I’m not really cut out for that influencer life and actually shy away from it.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.