‘I think you’re an idiot’: A breakdown of the chaotic Piers Morgan and Mizzy interview

‘It’s just easier to do the hateful stuff’

Mizzy has been at the forefront of everyone’s minds and For You Pages this past week and after a £200 fine and a Criminal Behaviour Order, the TikToker went head to head with Piers Morgan in a heated interview.

Mizzy recently appeared in court after he uploaded a video of himself walking into a stranger’s home without their permission, and plead guilty to failing to comply with a community protection notice. The prankster was given a £200 fine and an £85 victim surcharge plus an £80 cost.

After his court appearance, Mizzy went on to Piers Morgan Uncensored and a truly heated debate ensued between the two.

‘I’m just having fun’

Piers asked the 18-year-old why he chose to cause “so much alarm and distress to so many people”. Mizzy told the broadcaster he is simply “having fun” when it comes to this videos. He said: “This whole public uproar just makes me laugh because people are getting hurt over something that didn’t happen to them and that’s how I see it as.” Mizzy says he has “remorse” over his actions but insists he is just “having fun”.

“I wouldn’t really call it terrorising, I’ll just call it more having fun. Of course I care. I have remorse. [I am my] own person. I am legally an adult now so I can do what I want.”

Piers asked to hear Mizzy’s “sob story”, but he responded: “Are you trying to get onto me because I’m Black?” to which Piers retorted: “I don’t give a damn about your skin colour. I just think you’re an idiot.”

Mizzy says he did apologise to the homeowner

Talking about the video that got him in hot water, Mizzy said: “You see this situation that blew up on the internet walking into random houses, the next day I apologised to the woman because I felt bad.

“That was more of a spur of the moment thing, I got spurred on and my ego got a hold of me. I realised that at that moment and that’s why I went to apologise the next days. I went to go and apologise off social media. I could have recorded that apology, that would have been another viral video – whether it’s hate or whatever.

“Literally, hate brings money. Hate brings likes. Hate brings views. I doesn’t matter – love or hate – it still brings views. It’s not like I prefer to do the hateful stuff, it’s just easier to do the hateful stuff.”

He called UK laws ‘weak’

Mizzy was given a £200 fine as a result of his actions. “You don’t show any real remorse, you don’t really care, do you?,” Piers asked the TikToker. To which Mizzy replied: “The UK laws are weak, simple as, and that’s not my fault.”

Piers had enough and ended the interview

Piers eventually decided he had enough with Mizzy and called him “a complete moron” before ending the interview.

“We’re going to put both of ourselves out of this misery and we’ll just end it there because you are – as I said at the start – a complete moron.”

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook