AJ Odudu confirms she is no longer hosting the Married at First Sight UK spin-off show

Are you crying? Because I’m crying x

AJ Odudu has confirmed she will not be hosting the next season of the Married at First Sight UK spin-off show, MAFS UK: Afters.

The TV presenter has hosted the show since it first began in 2021 and said she is “so sad” she can no longer do it this year.

It was recently announced AJ would be hosting Big Brother, alongside Will Best when it returns later on this year on ITV.

When asked if she was going to be hosting the Married at First Sight UK spin-off show, she told The Sun: “I can’t do it this year – I’m so sad about it. I love Married at First Sight. I’d love to host it again, I’m obsessed with that show but I don’t know when that will happen. Everyone has been so complimentary about Big Brother – I’m just enjoying it.”

via Channel 4

The Big Brother reboot is set to air in autumn 2023, and MAFS UK usually airs in late August, proving it difficult for AJ to fulfil both duties. It hasn’t been revealed whether MAFS UK: Afters will return and if so, who the new host will be.

It hasn’t been confirmed when the new season of Married at First Sight UK will return, but it is currently in the filming stages and a groom has already been rumoured to be part of the cast.

The Big Brother news broke last month, and AJ said she was “beyond excited to finally be able to say that, I am hosting Big Brother!”

“I couldn’t be more ecstatic to front such an iconic show and to do it alongside my amazing friend Will Best is the icing on the cake. Get ready to be obsessed,” she continued.

For all the latest Married at First Sight news and gossip, iconic memes and the best quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.