MAFS Australia Duncan Alyssa Evelyn

Duncan says he reached out to Alyssa ‘numerous times’ after MAFS but got no response

‘She’s probably hurting and not feeling too good’

Married at First Sight Australia groom Duncan has said he reached out to his onscreen partner Alyssa about his relationship with Evelyn but she has not replied.

Duncan and Evelyn recently announced they were in a relationship after weeks of speculation and revealed Rupert had given them his blessing to pursue one another.

One person MAFS Australia viewers can’t help but wonder if they gave their blessing to Duncan and Evelyn is Alyssa. Duncan and Alyssa were matched together on MAFS Australia and Duncan decided to end their relationship at their final vows.

Speaking on Fitzy & Wippa with Kate Ritchie, MAFS Australia groom Duncan was asked if he had spoken to Alyssa about his new relationship with Evelyn.

“I’ve reached out to Alyssa numerous times after the show and no reply,” he said. “That’s okay because she’s probably hurting and not feeling too good. All I tried to do was say that, if I could, if I could help, or if I could assist in some way I would, but no sort of communication.”

Alyssa has gone abroad amid all the announcements and is on holiday in Hawaii with two of her friends. She reportedly replied to a comment asking about Duncan and Evelyn, saying “rip” when asked what she thought about the relationship news.

Talking about their new relationship, Duncan said he his relieved they no longer have to sneak around. He said: “No more sneaking around. No more walking down the streets pretending not to know each other. So it’s good.”

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip, iconic memes and the best quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.