Janice Dickinson forced to withdraw from I’m A Celeb All Stars following ‘terrifying’ accident

‘There was blood everywhere’

I’m A Celeb All Stars contestant Janice Dickinson was forced to withdraw from the South Africa jungle, following an accident which resulted in a head injury.

She was rushed to hospital whilst filming the new series after tripping on a cable in the dark, and hitting her head on the floor. The Mirror reports she sustained a head injury and concussion, and was treated for a fractured skull. She was forced to quit the show, which has already been filmed, following her injuries.

A source told The Sun blood was “gushing from her head” in the “terrifying” accident. They said: “It was terrifying. Everyone was woken by a sickening thud. A few of the campmates ran towards the noise and found Janice face down. She seemed to be semi-conscious on the ground.

“Blood was gushing from her head and she was covered in dirt and dust. A crowd formed and one of the campmates had to ask everyone to stand back to give her space to breathe. The injuries were severe enough that she had to be taken to hospital by ambulance.

“The on-set medics are very good but this needed her going to a fully equipped hospital. There were fears that she had suffered a cracked skull but she was later given the all-clear by doctors.”

Janice Dickinson suffered an accident during I'm A Celeb All Stars in South Africa

via ITV

Following the fall, Janice is believed to have had head injuries, a split lip and a black eye. According to further reports, there was “blood everywhere” and fellow campmates Fatima Whitbread and Myleene Klass were the first on the scene to provide aid.

A source told The Sun: “Fatima didn’t sleep very well so was stoking the fire in the night when she heard the smash. She rushed over immediately to find Janice on the floor before ­Myleene decided to take charge. The whole camp had woken up but Myleene asked everyone to give Janice some space so she could tend to her. There was blood everywhere.”

ITV is yet to comment.

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook