Love Is Blind’s Marshall’s ‘colourist’ old tweets have resurfaced on social media

He has issued an apology

A number of old tweets from Love Is Blind cast member Marshall Glaze sharing colourist rhetoric about Black women have resurfaced on social media.

The tweets date back to 2011 which would have made Marshall 15 at the time and he has since apologised for his harmful words in a statement.

A number of the tweets are negative opinions about Black women and girls and his preference towards Latina women, something Twitter users have said is “anti-black” and “colourist”.

“A group of sad Black girls that sit in a damn circle sharing their stories on why MEN ‘ain’t shit’,” he wrote in one tweet, continuing: “I’ll tell you, BLACK females. Why?”

One user wrote: “Colourism and anti-blackness is like a rite of passage for these lot. Spooky.” Another echoed this thought and wrote: “Reality shows need to stop casting men likes this, especially to be potential suitors for Black women.”

In another tweet, Marshall wrote: “You walk into a restaurant and what do you see? A white couple, a Hispanic couple, an Asian couple, OH and a group of Black girls.”

He continued to post tweets about wanting a girlfriend who is Latina so she could speak Spanish when they have sex and because they “know how to treat their dude”.

“Latina girls know how to treat their dude!”, he wrote in one tweet and continued to say: “I want a Latina girlfriend, only so she could speak Spanish when we… Yea 😉 lol.”

via Netflix

Marshall has since issued an apology and held himself accountable for his old tweets, saying he “knew” his tweets would surface as it happens to “pretty much everyone” in the public eye.

In a lengthy tweet, he wrote: “I’m seeing a lot of my old tweets surface from years ago. This happens to pretty much everyone who goes into the public eye. It happened to my cousin and I knew it’d happen to me.”

The nod he makes to his cousin, Justin Glaze, refers to when Bachelorette fans unearthed colourist and homophobic tweets from Justin. It was reported he used “homophobic slurs and made insulting comments about Black women while also promoting colourism”, something Justin has since apologised for.

Marshall continued: “Like I said to someone earlier… things change. I was a sad teenager with a lot of issues when I tweeted a lot of that. I’ve grown and do not feel or think the same way. Anyone with anything to hid would have gone back and deleted it but I left it up for a reason.

“I even had a chance to go back and erase it. I elected not to. It’s my progression as an individual. As a human. Those old tweets are just my proof that I have evolved. I thank God for the opportunity to be damaged, seek clarity and forgiveness and develop into a better person.”

Twitter users began to ask Marshall to apologise for his tweets as his prior statement was his taking accountability and acknowledging the tweets were real.

“My apology to Black women is how I treat every single Black woman I encounter in my life. With respect and love. Words mean a lot but actions mean more,” he later wrote.

All four current seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.