Inside the beer brand Harvey from Made in Chelsea claims has made him a millionaire

Fair play, it’s doing bits

In recent episodes of Made in Chelsea, Harvey Armstrong has been going on about his beer brand a lot. He and Gareth Locke are currently building a bar together, and we saw Harvey sit down and have a *serious* business chat about his company with Issy’s dad. So, what the hell is it all about?

You can look at Harvey and think he’s a pints kinda man, sure. But an entire brand he’s built himself? Fair enough. Harvey is behind a brewery company called Prime Time Lager, and yeah, he says he’s a millionaire because of it. Here’s the lowdown.

Harvey from Made in Chelsea founded his beer company in 2019

Harvey is the CEO and co-founder of Prime Time Lager, which has been around since 2019. The brand describes itself as an “innovative craft beer brand looking to shake up the traditional market.” Harvey founded the brand alongside former Made in Chelsea co-star, Sam Holmes.

The company has launched the world’s first caffeine infused low calorie lager, along with a low calorie craft lager. The beers have 30 per cent less calories and 63 per cent less carbs than other premium lagers. They’re also vegan and gluten free.

According to Harvey’s LinkedIn: “Prime Time aims to create beers with purpose; targeted at health and weight conscious consumers looking to enjoy life. Prime Time provides a functional need without compromising on taste and experience.”

The brand only went to market in 2021, due to the pandemic, but has already seen huge success. It featured in Forbes, named as one of the best vegan drinks right now, and is stocked in a number of bars across London.

Apparently the brand has made Harvey a millionaire

In an interview, Harvey said the brand has made him a millionaire, and he thinks the company will be worth £250million by 2030. He said, despite the MIC stereotypes, all the work that’s gone into the brand has been his own.

“I haven’t had a penny from my parents since I moved out when I was 18,” Harvey told The Sun. “People probably think I’m wealthy, that I don’t need to work and I’ve been handed loads of money to get this business off the ground, but it’s not the case.

“I’m from a very modest background and I’m very much business-driven. There is definitely a perception of all of us on Made in Chelsea being these rich, trust fund babies.  That’s not to say there aren’t a few of those on the show, but there are also guys and girls who are really hard working, driven and see the value in what they can bring.”

What happened when Harvey met with Issy’s dad in Made in Chelsea to talk about the brand?

via E4

Ok, so we all want to know what went down after that meeting with Harvey and Issy’s millionaire dad, Marc. Marc founded Mare Street Market in Hackney, and has been involved with Camden Hells and Camden Town Brewery since it started – so would be a big contact for Harvey to have.

Mare Street is part of Marc’s larger company Barworks- an independent bar, pub and restaurant group with food and drink locations all over London, including Gas Station in King’s Cross and The Starman in Mayfair. Around 2011, Marc and his business partners from Barworks started looking to make their own beer, which is where the Camden Town Brewery started.

He was clearly impressed with Harvey, as the meeting was a success! Barworks locations will now stock Prime Time. Harvey told The Sun: “This is a very exciting partnership for us, helping us meet our goal of getting Prime Time Lager across all of the best, trendsetting bars in London and, eventually, globally.

“Barworks has some amazing venues that Prime Time drinkers will love. Deals like this demonstrate that there really is a demand for ‘better for you’ beer in London and we are cracking it.”

Fair play, Harvey!