Mae Muller Eurovision

Say hello to Mae Muller, the UK’s coolest and vibiest Eurovision entrant of all time

Of course she’s a North London girly

Mae Muller has been revealed as the singer who will be representing the UK at Eurovision this year. The 25-year-old London-born singer will be performing her original track I Wrote A Song at the contest in Liverpool later this year where the UK will be hosting on behalf of reigning champions Ukraine.

Mae Muller is hoping to follow on from the success of last year’s British entrant, Sam Ryder, whose runner-up placement gave the UK our highest position at Eurovision in decades. Here’s everything we know about Mae Muller and her humble rise to Eurovision stardom.

Mae Muller already has a Eurovision connection

As a nine-year-old, Mae appeared in Eurovision 2022 host Mika’s music video for Grace Kelly. She was the little girl sitting on Mika’s piano in a green dress. Also in 2020 Mae reunited with the Grace Kelly music video director, Sophie Muller, on the videos for her singles So Annoying and I Don’t Want Your Money.

Mae takes a lot of inspiration from female icons such as Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse

Mae grew up listening to British musicians such as Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse. Similarly to those two female powerhouses, Mae’s lyrics are very real and candid. In her song Therapist, Mae sings: “You don’t need a girlfriend, you need a therapist.”

Mae Muller is biiiiiig on TikTok

@maemuller_

GUYS!!! i cannot believe i’m even saying this… but i am this year’s uk entry for EUROVISION 2023 with my track i wrote a song!!! 🥲🥲🥲😭😭😭 #eurovision2023 #newmusic #womenoftiktok

♬ I Wrote A Song – Mae Muller

Mae’s biggest musical hit came in 2021 when she teamed up with Neiked and Polo G on the track Better Days. It’s very Love Island and it ended up blowing up on TikTok and saw Mae land her first top 40 single in the UK and even peaked at 23 in the Billboard charts.

You can follow Mae Muller on TikTok here.

She’s a North London girl

She’s originally from Kentish Town and worked at a pub there before she scored her first record deal. She started out self-recording her own demos which she then posted to SoundCloud before scoring her own manager and being signed by Capitol.

You might have already seen Mae Muller live without knowing it

In 2019 Mae Muller was the opening act for Little Mix on their lM5 arena tour. Two years later she headlined a show at Kentish Town Forum. She’s also appeared at Reading and Leeds Festival plus you may have seen her on daytime telly shows such as Sunday Brunch.

She has performed as a giant Muller corner

For Halloween in 2019 she performed on stage for Little Mix at The O2 while dressed as a giant Muller corner – naturally.

Her instagram is pure vibes to be honest

What else can you expect from a 25-year-old musician from Kentish Town who took inspiration from Amy Winehouse? The woman is a VIBE.