Who was Alexander Jennings? Who episode nine of Outer Banks season three is dedicated to

The 22-year-old died whilst season three was filming

During new episodes of Outer Banks, a tribute is made to a man called Alexander Jennings. His name comes up on a tribute card at the end of season three episode nine, which reads: “In loving memory of Alexander Jennings.”

Alexander played a very key role to the show, and sadly passed away whist filming for season three was still taking place. Cast and crew members paid tribute to him at the time, describing him as “selfless” and an “amazing human”.

Here’s who Alexander Jennings was, what happened to him, and why he was so important to Outer Banks as a show.

Alexander Jennings, Outer Banks season three episode nine on Netflix

via Netflix

Alexander Jennings was a stunt double for Outer Banks lead, Chase Stokes

Alexander “AJ” Jennings worked as a stunt double for Chase Stokes, who plays John B in Outer Banks. He died aged 22 in a hit and run car incident. The accident happened near Charleston, where Outer Banks is filmed, which is where Alexander had recently moved to from New York for his work. It’s been confirmed the incident did not take place on set.

According to Deadline, Alexander was struck by two vehicles as he walked along a road in the early hours of the morning on July 5th, 2022. He was hit by one car, which the fled, and then another, which also fled the scene.

Confirming the news, Kimmie Stewart Casting, which works on Outer Banks, said: “It is with great sadness that I share Alexander ‘AJ’ Jennings’ mother informed me of his tragic death. Outer Banks crew and cast suffered a terrible loss when AJ was stuck by two cars, that fled the scene early this morning.

“AJ was a beautiful, kind soul and a bright light every day on set. He moved to Charleston from New York to work as our John B photo double/stand in this season. I cannot fathom the shock and tragedy of AJ’s sudden loss and our thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time.”

Chase Stokes added in an Instagram post: “Still trying to process why certain things happen, and why the world works in the ways that it does. My heart is shattered. Your life was just starting. We JUST talked about how pumped you were about your tunes, how far you’d come with that ole six string and your want to keep creating art.

“Always always making others hearts warm and being so damn selfless I wish I had more words to say right now, but the past day has been a struggle to say the least. We all loved you, you touched all of our lives and made us all better people, and for that Thank You AJ. Fly high angel.”

Season three of Outer Banks is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.