Obsessed with Outer Banks? Watch these nine similar Netflix shows next

Finally something to fill the Pogue shaped hole in my life

Do you ever watch your favourite show and then just feel empty inside when it’s over? Given how hopelessly obsessed you can’t help but become with Outer Banks on Netflix, I’m guessing this series is one just like that.

Now that season two has been successfully binged, you’re definitely missing the Pogues and looking for something to watch whilst we eagerly await a third season. Here is a list of nine other series like Outer Banks on Netflix that you should watch next.

The A List

The A List Netflix

via Netflix

The A List is a Netflix thriller series. The synopsis reads: “A teenage girl expects the summer of a lifetime at an idyllic camp, until a mysterious newcomer challenges her status as ‘Queen Bee’ and dark secrets begin to turn her dream summer into a nightmare.”

Elite

Elite: Series like Outer Banks and the best Netflix shows to watch next when you finish season two

via Netflix

Elite basically combines teen drama, murder, sex and love all into one show. It’s a Spanish thriller series, and the synopsis reads: “When three working-class teens enroll in an exclusive private school in Spain, the clash between them and the wealthy students leads to murder.” So, like Outer Banks, this series delves into social divides and the clashes this can cause.

The Society

The Society: Series like Outer Banks and the best Netflix shows to watch next when you finish season two

via Netflix

The Society is a series which also covers a lot about social divides. It’s a modern take on the Lord of the Flies novel and follows teens as they head on an extended camping trip but are forced to come back, finding there is now nobody to watch over them. At first the freedom is fun, but then the teens have to form alliances to survive. The synopsis reads: “When everyone else mysteriously vanishes from their wealthy town, the teen residents of West Ham must forge their own society to survive.”

Blood & Water

Blood and Water

via Netflix

Six-part South African series, Blood & Water, is available now and is all about mystery, obsession and suspicion. It follows 16-year-old Puleng Khumalo, who after meeting 17-year-old Fikile Bhele at a party, she begins to think she may be her long-lost sister, who was abducted at birth. Her thinking turns to obsession as she tries to connect the dots and prove her theory. She transfers to the same school as Fikile just so she can find out the truth. The Netflix synopsis for the show says: “After crossing paths at a party, a Cape Town teen sets out to prove whether a private school swimming star is her sister who was abducted at birth.”

Panic

Panic: Series like Outer Banks and the best Netflix shows to watch next when you finish season two

via Netflix

Panic is a new 2021 drama, with one season on Netflix. It follows high school seniors who partake in a yearly competition called Panic. The synopsis reads: “Every summer in a small Texas town, graduating seniors compete in a series of challenges, which they believe is their only chance to escape their circumstances and make their lives better.” It’s based on the 2014 novel of the same name.

Riverdale

Riverdale

via Netflix

Riverdale is like a teen drama on steroids. What started as a fairly straight forward teen drama escalated into one of the wildest (and at times weirdest) thriller and mystery series, as seasons went on. The cast find themselves entangled in some Riverdale mystery, with dark twists and a little bit of murder for good measure.

Dare Me

Dare Me: Series like Outer Banks and the best Netflix shows to watch next when you finish season two

via Netflix

Like Outer Banks, Dare Me is another series that to the outside shouldn’t be dark, but then it really, really is. In a nutshell, the thriller drama is cheerleaders mixed with jealousy and murder. The Netflix synopsis reads: “Relationships topple and loyalties flip when an icy new cheerleading coach takes over the high school squad ruled by Beth and her devoted BBF, Addy.”

Ginny and Georgia

Ginny and Georgia Netflix

via Netflix

As far as teen dramas go, Ginny and Georgia is up there with some of the best. The series follows Ginny and her mother Georgia as they move to a new town to try and make a fresh start. Outspoken Ginny has always struggled to make friends, but seems to settle in with a new friendship group at her new school. Then all the drama starts to unfold, of course, and the dark history of the family and their secrets become known.

Stranger Things

Stranger Things: Series like Outer Banks and the best Netflix shows to watch next when you finish season two

via Netflix

If for some reason you’re one of the only people on earth who hasn’t watched Stranger Things, after Outer Banks season two you definitely should. It follows the gang as they look into the weird goings on in Hawkins, before finding pal Eleven who has mysterious powers. Also, Madelyn Cline aka Sarah Cameron, is in it! She is in seasons one and two of the show and Caroline Arapoglou, who plays Rose Cameron, also appeared in season three. On top of this, in a literally blink and you’ll miss it snippet from season one of Stranger Things, Chase Stokes, who plays John B in Outer Banks, appeared as a character called Reed.

Seasons one and two of Outer Banks are available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.