Silver Ginny and Georgia

Here’s everything you need to know about the actress who plays Silver in Ginny and Georgia

If you haven’t been rooting for Max and Silver, you’re a fake fan

Ginny and Georgia season two has been out for under a week and every hardcore fan has finished it and is strapping themselves in for a rewatch. In the second season, fans see Ginny navigate going to therapy, new relationships and keeping Georgia’s many, many secrets. It isn’t just Ginny who is navigating new relationships as Max is dealing with the breakup between her and Sophie as well as a budding romance between her and new character Silver. Amongst the new additions to the cast, Katelyn Wells joined the Peaches family as Silver, the costume designer at the school play.

While it was glaringly obvious that Silver had a crush on Max, it took Max a while to fully realise and at the end of the show it seems a romance is on the horizon! While watching Silver and Max on-screen together, you’ve probably wanted to know who plays the insanely cool costumer designer with amazing style. Here’s everything you need to know about Katelyn Wells, the actress who plays Silver in Ginny and Georgia season two:

Katelyn is a Canadian actress and screenwriter

Katelyn Wells is a 27-year-old Canadian-born actress and screenwriter. She has starred in a number of TV shows including The Bold Type back in 2017 as Daphne. Katelyn has worked alongside some major names in Hollywood, including Brie Larson in Room in 2015, as well as working with Veronika Franz and Severin Fiala in The Lodge.

Silver Ginny and Georgia

via Instagram @iamkatelynwells

She started acting at 14 years old

According to her biography on IMDb, Katelyn signed with her first agent when she was only 14 years old and began her career while attending Canterbury Arts High School in Ottawa. Some notable movies she starred in included Cyber Bully alongside Emily Osment. Katelyn was also in an episode of Michael: Every Day.

She is best known for her role as Mary Joe in Netflix’s Anne

As well as starring in The Bold Type, Katelyn made her Netflix debut in Anne as Mary Joe, in 2017. Mary Joe is the maid who serves the Barry family, and an Avonlea resident. After starring in Anne, Katelyn appeared in My Worst Nightmare as Savannah Ramirez and in the 2021 TV series In the Dark.

via Instagram @iamkatelynwells

Katelyn graduated from university in 2017

As well as landing her first Netflix job, Katelyn graduated from Ryerson University with a Distinction in Radio and Television Arts. In an Instagram post, Katelyn said: “I have put so much hard work into the last four years of my academic career and I am excited to continue on with that success and my vocational aspirations moving forward as an RTA alumnus and official recipient of a Bachelor of Arts degree!”

Silver Ginny and Georgia

via Instagram @iamkatelynwells

Season two of Ginny and Georgia is available to watch on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.