Ginny and Georgia Gil actor

Here’s all you need to know about the actor who plays Gil in Ginny and Georgia season two

He is the identical twin of Shawn Ashmore!

Season two of Ginny and Georgia has dropped on Netflix after almost two years of fans begging for their fix of the Miller family. Season one ended with Ginny and Austin riding out of Wellsbury after they find out secrets their mother had kept from them. One thing in particular is the letters Austin wrote to his dad in prison which were never sent. Ginny ends up posting the letters, seemingly letting Austin’s father know where his son and Georgia now live.

Season two introduced a new character to the show as Gil’s father turns up in Wellsbury after he was released from prison. Fans of the show find out that Georgia framed Gil for embezzlement after he became abusive. The actor who plays Gil in Ginny and Georgia season two is Aaron Ashmore, and here’s everything you need to know about him.

Aaron Ashmore is a 43-year-old actor from Canada

Aaron Ashmore is a Canadian actor who has been acting since 1991. He has appeared in a number of TV shows and films over the years before landing a huge role in the sixth season of Smallville. The Ginny and Georgia actor said he was “very excited” to take part in Ginny and Georgia and continue working with Netflix.

He has been married since 2014

Aaron has been married to his wife Zoe Kate since 2014. Zoe and Aaron have two children together and he shares loads of photos of them on his Instagram account and honestly, it’s really wholesome. Major dad vibes.

Aaron has a twin brother called Shawn

The Ginny and Georgia actor who plays Gil also has an identical twin brother, Shawn Ashmore. Shawn also starred in Smallville in earlier seasons before Aaron was cast. Shawn was even offered the role of Jimmy Olsen in Superman Returns before Sam Huntington was cast.

Aaron stars as Duncan Locke in Locke & Key

In Netflix’s Locke & Key, Aaron portrays Duncan Locke, who is the brother of Rendell Locke and is uncle to Tyler, Kinsey and Bode Locke. In the series, Duncan is unable to remember the existence of magic due to his memories being removed by the Head Key due to witnessing a traumatising event.

Season two of Ginny and Georgia is available to watch on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.