Love Island returned day jobs

Out of the 259 contestants who have gone on Love Island, 130 returned to their day jobs

Not all of them reached the level of fame they hoped for

It’s no secret that not every Love Island contestant gets a six figure deal as soon as they leave the villa with some completing quitting the influencer life and returning to what they did before the show. There are a very select few of Islanders that went on the show for love and even fewer who managed to find it and are happily with the person they met on the show, with a lot of Islanders admitting they went on the show just for the notoriety that comes with appearing on Love Island. However, there are a lot of Love Island contestants who returned to their day jobs after the show.

Channel 4’s latest documentary looked into what life is really like for the people who went onto Love Island and haven’t made it as fans may think the contestants do. Their research found that out of the 259 contestants who have ever gone on Love Island, 130 of them returned to their day jobs. Many Islanders returned to their jobs during the Covid-19 pandemic, with Anna Vakili from season five returning to her job as a pharmacist. She said: “Wasn’t really planning on registering yet but with everything that’s going on it felt wrong not to. We can all fight this together. Stay safe. Stay home. Save lives.”

However, there are some Love Islanders who do manage to make the social media influencer life work, with many continuing their TV career on other reality television shows. Research found that 65 Love Island contestants went on to star on other reality TV shows including The Only Way Is Essex, Made in Chelsea and Geordie Shore.

It may seem that almost everyone is set after Love Island, but research shows that out of the 259 contestants who have been on Love Island, 28 of them got huge brand deals. The documentary also revealed that 27 of the 259 Love Island contestants have moved to OnlyFans, including Tom Powell, Megan Barton Hanson and Adam Collard.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.