These are the Islanders who went back to their day jobs after being on the show

A lot of the 2021 cast are already heading back to work

For some, Love Island is a springboard into becoming rich and famous and never looking back at your old life. You can say goodbye to 9-5 office jobs and hello to clothing lines, sponsorship deals and making money from Instagram. But for some Love Island contestants, their day jobs are a much better option for post-Island life.

That’s doesn’t necessarily mean Love Island didn’t work out for them, a lot of these Islanders did really well on the show and probably could have made a living off the back of it. But instead, all of these Love Island stars decided to return to their day jobs after being on the show.

Malin Anderson

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Malin Anderson, carer

via Instagram @missmalinsara

Malin, who appeared on Love Island 2016, is a trained elderly and palliative carer. She has recently gone back to her job being a carer for the elderly and terminally ill. She said on Twitter: “I can’t sit at home on my own anymore knowing I have training within the sector. My heart hurts for them, and if I can give something more then what I’m doing – then I am satisfied.” She then added: “First shift complete. My heart feels full. So so full.”

Rachel Fenton

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Rachel Fenton, nurse

via Instagram @rachelfenton1

Rachel Fenton appeared on series two of Love Island, in 2016. After being on the show she went back to her job as an orthopaedic nurse. She’s been working throughout the pandemic.

Adam Maxted

Adam Maxted, wrestler, personal trainer, gym

via Instagram @adammaxted

When Adam appeared on series two of Love Island in 2016, the wrestler was quite unlucky in love. But he’s since gone back to his job as a pro-wrestler and is also working as a personal trainer.

Harley Judge

Harley Judge, estate agent, job, work

via Instagram @harley_judge

Harley was on the show in 2017 when he had a brief coupling up with Amber Davies, before she chose Kem and it was the end of the road for him. When Harley left the series he went back to a regular 9-5, working as an estate agent in his hometown of Norwich.

Theo Campbell

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Theo Campbell, athlete

via Instagram @theo_campbell91

Theo had a very interesting career before the villa, so it’s no surprise that when his stint on Love Island 2017 came to end he was one of the Islanders who went back to their day jobs. Theo was a professional athlete, and after the villa confirmed he was back training.

Amber Davies

Amber Davies, theatre, musical

via Instagram @amb_d

It’s no doubt that winning Love Island 2017 helped take Amber Davies’ career to new heights. Before appearing on Love Island, Amber said she was a dancer, and she had also worked as an entertainer as part of London’s circus themed club night Cirque Le Soir. Amber is now back to entertaining, performing in theatre. She was in West End production 9 to 5: The Musical and is appearing in Bring It On: The Musical.

Dr Alex George

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Dr Alex, Alex George, A&E, hospital

via Instagram @dralexgeorge

Love Island 2018’s Alex George returned to work as an A&E doctor in Lewisham, London, just months after being in the show. He’s been working long shifts during the coronavirus outbreak, and has been sharing updates on his social media profiles.

Anna Vakili

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Anna Vakili

via Instagram @annavakili_

Love Island 2019’s Anna Vakili worked as a pharmacist before she entered the villa. Early on in the pandemic, she announced on Instagram that she was going back to her old day job. She said: “First day back working as a pharmacist since leaving Love Island. It’s been almost a whole year! Wow can’t believe how fast it’s gone. Wasn’t really planning on registering yet but with everything that’s going on it felt wrong not to. We can all fight this together. Stay safe. Stay home. Save lives.”

Greg O’Shea

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Greg O'Shea

via Instagram @gregoshea

After winning Love Island 2019 with Amber, the couple split after just a few weeks. Greg then seemed to go out of the public eye completely and probably because he was heading back to work. The Irish rugby player went back to playing alongside his Sevens teammates, as they trained for the Tokyo Olympics. The games were postponed because of the pandemic, but Greg played for his team when they finally went ahead.

Georgia Townend

via Instagram @georgiatownend_

Georgia was a blink and you’ll miss it addition to the Love Island 2021 villa. And shortly after the series drew to a close, the marketing executive announced she was heading back to her old job – which is at the supermarket Lidl. Announcing she was returning on Instagram, Georgia said: The HBIC* has returned. Yes I work for @lidlgb and yes that’s likely a contributing factor as to why my time in the villa was so short. It’s been instilled into me my entire career that checkouts should be as speedy as possible. *Head Bitch In Charge”.

Speaking to Grazia about why she wanted her old job back, she said: “During Love Island, I was on sabbatical from work, with the intention always being that I would return to my job. I’m very career-driven and have invested a huge amount of time and dedication into building my career, I’ve climbed the corporate ladder, and my career continues to be very important to me.”

Priya Gopaldas

via Instagram @priyagopaldas

Medical student and NHS worker Priya appeared on Love Island 2021 and then went back to the frontline just weeks later. Posting a pic in her scrubs on Instagram, she said: “Back to medical school and doing what I love 💗 feels so good to be back on wards after the huge impact COVID-19 had on our training.”

Faye Winter

via Instagram @faye__winter

When Faye was announced as one of the original Love Island 2021 cast members, she said she was taking a sabbatical from her job as a lettings manager. After leaving the villa she returned to her home town of Devon and said she wanted to go back to her old job. In an interview with Grazia, Faye said of the first things she did when getting her phone back was message her previous boss to ask about her job.

Since then, Faye has taken her property career to the next level and has launched her own property empire, Faye Home. She’s said she will be working on home improvements to the house she and Teddy have bought together and will also be giving tips and advice about the industry on her YouTube channel.

Liam Reardon

via Instagram @liamreardon1

Despite winning the 2021 show, Liam has said he’s going back to his routes with his job. He’s reportedly “quitting fame” already, and wants to renovate homes back in his home of Wales. He said: “I loved being a brickie before winning Love Island so I want to go into the property business. I’ve started looking but will focus on the business in the New Year. I’ll start off in Wales because the house prices are a lot cheaper there. Plus that’s the area where I have all my mates in the same industry. There’s an electrician, plumber, carpenter. They can all help and get involved in the business. My dad is in the property business too so can give me advice and help out. He’s my inspiration for wanting to do it.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.