These are the Islanders who went back to their day jobs after being on the show

A lot of Islander key workers in here

For some, Love Island is a springboard into becoming rich and famous and never looking back at your old life. You can say goodbye to 9-5 office jobs and hello to clothing lines, sponsorship deals and making money from Instagram. But for some Love Island contestants, their day jobs are a much better option for post-Island life.

That’s doesn’t necessarily mean Love Island didn’t work out for them, a lot of these Islanders did really well on the show and probably could have made a living off the back of it. But instead, all of these Love Island stars decided to return to their day jobs after being on the show.

Malin Anderson

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Malin Anderson, carer

via Instagram @missmalinsara

Malin, who appeared on Love Island 2016, is a trained elderly and palliative carer. She has recently gone back to her job being a carer for the elderly and terminally ill. She said on Twitter: “I can’t sit at home on my own anymore knowing I have training within the sector. My heart hurts for them, and if I can give something more then what I’m doing – then I am satisfied.” She then added: “First shift complete. My heart feels full. So so full.”

Rachel Fenton

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Rachel Fenton, nurse

via Instagram @rachelfenton1

Rachel Fenton appeared on series two of Love Island, in 2016. After being on the show she went back to her job as an orthopaedic nurse. She’s been working throughout the pandemic.

Adam Maxted

Adam Maxted, wrestler, personal trainer, gym

via Instagram @adammaxted

When Adam appeared on series two of Love Island in 2016, the wrestler was quite unlucky in love. But he’s since gone back to his job as a pro-wrestler and is also working as a personal trainer.

Harley Judge

Harley Judge, estate agent, job, work

via Instagram @harley_judge

Harley was on the show in 2017 when he had a brief coupling up with Amber Davies, before she chose Kem and it was the end of the road for him. When Harley left the series he went back to a regular 9-5, working as an estate agent in his hometown of Norwich.

Theo Campbell

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Theo Campbell, athlete

via Instagram @theo_campbell91

Theo had a very interesting career before the villa, so it’s no surprise that when his stint on Love Island 2017 came to end he was one of the Islanders who went back to their day jobs. Theo was a professional athlete, and after the villa confirmed he was back training.

Amber Davies

Amber Davies, theatre, musical

via Instagram @amb_d

It’s no doubt that winning Love Island 2017 helped take Amber Davies’ career to new heights. Before appearing on Love Island, Amber said she was a dancer, and she had also worked as an entertainer as part of London’s circus themed club night Cirque Le Soir. Amber is now back to entertaining, performing in theatre. She was in West End production 9 to 5: The Musical and was due to be appearing in Bring It On: The Musical.

Dr Alex George

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Dr Alex, Alex George, A&E, hospital

via Instagram @dralexgeorge

Love Island 2018’s Alex George returned to work as an A&E doctor in Lewisham, London, just months after being in the show. He’s been working long shifts during the coronavirus outbreak, and has been sharing updates on his social media profiles.

Anna Vakili

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Anna Vakili

via Instagram @annavakili_

Love Island 2019’s Anna Vakili worked as a pharmacist before she entered the villa. Early on in the current pandemic, she announced on Instagram that she was going back to her old day job. She said: “First day back working as a pharmacist since leaving Love Island. It’s been almost a whole year! Wow can’t believe how fast it’s gone. Wasn’t really planning on registering yet but with everything that’s going on it felt wrong not to. We can all fight this together. Stay safe. Stay home. Save lives.”

Greg O’Shea

Love Island, day, jobs, job, occupation, work, Islanders, Greg O'Shea

via Instagram @gregoshea

After winning Love Island 2019 with Amber, the couple split after just a few weeks. Greg then seemed to go out of the public eye completely and probably because he was heading back to work. The Irish rugby player went back to playing alongside his Sevens teammates, as they trained for this summer’s Tokyo Olympics – which ended up being postponed because of the pandemic.