Love Islanders money and fame

All the Islanders who have admitted they went on the show for money and fame

We have simply got to respect the hustle x

Love Island has been airing for seven years and it has become more popular each season and it isn’t just the fans of the show who know that. Out of the 30 Islanders who go onto the show, there is a handful of them who don’t actually go on for love, and are mainly on it for the fame and recognition instead. Love Island creates some of the UK’s most successful influencers and models, and with that, each year we can easily spot who is on there to boost their career by gaining a couple hundred thousand followers. From past seasons to current, Love Islanders have admitted their real intentions behind going on Love Island, and for many of them, money and a boost in their career was the main reason.

Here are all the Love Islanders who have admitted they went on the show for money and fame:

Antigoni Buxton

Antigoni was on season eight of Love Island, and although having a brief connection with winner Davide Sanclimenti, she did not find love in the villa. Speaking on the Chuckie Online podcast, Antigoni discussed her reasoning for going onto Love Island. She said: “I signed a publishing deal when I was 14 and I thought by now I’d be like Dua Lipa on my third world tour, living my best life. If I’m being real with you the beginning of this year I’d hit a point where I was like ‘I’m broke’. Every single penny I’ve ever earned I’ve put back into music. Thankfully I live at home so that’s one thing that was off my chest. My parents who have always been supportive were starting to look at me sideways like ‘look we love you and we support you but is this going to happen? You need to make some money’.

“So I was kind of at a point were I was like ‘sh*t man this is my dream and it’s not happened just yet but I know I’m onto something with this music that I’m making now, and then this thing came along with Love Island. I thought ‘well you know what. I could go on this show, I’m going to catch a great tan, I might meet somebody amazing and it’s a platform that could help me.’ I look to people like Wes Nelson who is a credible musician. It doesn’t mean you have to live with the stigma of reality TV.

“I thought I’ve got absolutely nothing to lose, might as well go. I obviously wanted to be there for longer than I was but in hindsight I don’t think there was anyone for me. So maybe it was better to keep it short and sweet.”

Molly-Mae Hague

Molly-Mae is arguably one of the biggest success stories to come out of Love Island, with a current estimated net worth of £6 million. She came second place in 2019 alongside Tommy Fury and although finding love in the villa, she called going onto Love Island a “business move”.

In a YouTube Q&A, Molly said: “Yeah I guess it kind of was a business move. I went on there not really bothered if I found love or not, I found love. When you’re not looking for something you find it. Out of all the girls, I was really chilled like, if it happens it happens, if it doesn’t it doesn’t, either way it’ll be a fun experience.”

Belle Hassan

Belle entered the villa during season five as a Casa Amor bombshell. In a podcast, her father revealed the real reason she wanted to go into the villa. During the podcast, he recalled the conversation between him and Belle, after she asked him to sort her going on to Love Island. He said: “I’m thinking she wants to make her boyfriend jealous, I couldn’t have been more wrong. She said ‘I want 150,000 followers, I want a platform. I want five salons, I want to create my own makeup range and I want to float it and sell it to ‘L’Oréal for £100 million.’ And then before she went in, I said to her ‘look, if you don’t find love sweetheart, just go and have the best holiday of your life. And remember I’m f**king watching you’.”

We have to respect the hustle.

Adam Collard

Adam made a surprising return to our screens in 2022, four years after initially starring on the show. It was widely assumed he went back on the show for money but he has since confirmed that was indeed his motivation behind his return. In a YouTube video, Adam admitted he wanted a “piece” of the major success he has seen other Islanders like Molly-Mae receive.

Despite being glad he met Paige, his ultimate goal was to gain more recognition. He said: “Everyone who goes on Love Island – it’s series eight now – people know what is coming off the back of it. You are getting a few followers, if you have a business like me it’s going to help amplify that and that put you in a better situation and there’s going to be loads of really good opportunities afterwards. So yes, everyone comes on and says I am here to find love and that, yes you kind of are and obviously that is unreal but nobody is daft.”

Love Island is available on ITVHub. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.