Love Island 2023 Islander Samie Elishi

Samie admits she went on Love Island for fame amid split from Tom

Yikes!

Samie has admitted she went on Love Island 2023 for fame, and this comes just as it was reported she and Tom have broken up.

Samie and Tom met in the South Africa villa and finished in third position this year. Shortly after heading back home to the UK they made it official, but around a month later they’ve called it quits.

Speaking on Love Island 2021’s Chloe Burrows’ new YouTube show, Samie admitted she went on the show for fame not love, which is all a bit awkward given the recent news, and the fact she was sat next to Tom at the time – who said he went on the show for the right reasons.

“Did you go on Love Island for love, or did you go on for exposure?” Chloe asked the couple. Samie replied: “I’m going to be honest, mine was the second one. I didn’t expect to meet anyone.”

Tom then said: “I think mine, I obviously really wanted to meet someone, but even within the first two weeks I was like ‘I’m stuffed there’s no one for me’.” Samie seemed to shrug over the idea of even thinking you could go on the show looking for love, as she spoke over Tom when he said he did, and sarcastically added: “It’s fucking Love Island.”

Yesterday, it was announced Tom and Samie had split up, just a month after the show ended. A source told The Sun: “Samie and Tom have sadly decided to call it a day. There is a lot of love and respect there but it just wasn’t going anywhere. The distance between them was too much and they are both really focused on their careers post Love Island.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.